184Re: FTDNA Summer Sale

    Jul 3, 2013
      Hello Leroy and Danny,
      for anyone testing their Y dna line (surname line) it would be best to go with at least 67 markers in case you are R1b. If your surname is a founder name and you just want to see if you match the founder line you could go with 25 markers or even 12 if the origin and markers are unusual enough. Jewish lines are unusual enough that 12 markers would be enough just to identify a very old match.
      In all cases the more markers the closer a relationship that could be identified.

      You may see from our MTdna page that we have started to identify the female founders with the help of Crispin Rendon:
      http://www.familytreedna.com/public/GenealogyofMexicoDNAProject/default.aspx?section=mtresults

      Full mtdna sequencing is needed to do this as it gives us the closes relationship possible.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Leroy Villarreal <leroyvillarreal@...> wrote:

      > I have tested at ancestry.com and results are posted there but I am to
      > Wanting to take advantage of the summer offer can you give me an idea of which test I need because I have hit a road block at my grandfather Demetrio married to Benigna Rodriguez. Demetrio is a natural born of Ricarda Flores 1830 Salinas Victoria Nuevo León
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Jul 3, 2013, at 1:35 PM, Danny Borquez <danny_borquez@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Gary,
      > >
      > > You have posted my Family tree DNA results and I sent you my Geno 2.0 results, what test would you suggest next. I'm stuck with my G_G_G_Grandfather in Sonora ,Mexico. I think he was born around 1790 maybe in Quiriego, Sonora ( Near Guaymas) or near Hermosillo or Spain. I have been following the discussions and I'm not sure whats best for me.
      > >
      > > Danny Borquez

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic