      From: "sangerjaime@..." <sangerjaime@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 11:17 AM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] mtDNA

      Joel,

      My spouse is B4'5.  Her maternal grandma was born in a small town outside of Guaymas Sonora.  They migrated into the Nogales Az area in the early 1900's and also use to live in Guadalupe AZ. Her oldest uncle could speak Yaqui.  He told me he went to school with Yaqui children in a town I believe he called Empalme Sonora, outside of Guaymas. I believe the B haplogroup may be common to the Yaqui?

      Jaime

      -----Original Message-----From: Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...>To: MexicoDNAProject <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>Sent: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 7:53 amSubject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] mtDNA

      Alice
      From what state within Mexico or the American Southwest is your most distant related ancestress along your maternal line?
      I'm also B2.
      Cheers
      Joel F Peres
      Chandler, AZ
      On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM, alicebb@... <alicebb@...> wrote:

      Greetings Group,I've tested YDNA R-L176.2 and mtDNA B2. I've found tons of information on the Y DNA, but very little specifics on the mtB2 other than the generic Native American. Is B2 too far up on my haplogroup tree and requires further testing to get more specific? Thanks so much for your help.Alice
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic