      From: Joel Peres <joelfrancisperes@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 9:23 am
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] mtDNA

      Yes, I've heard its most common in that area, lots of New Mexicans as well.

      Did you test w/ FTDNA or 23andme?

      I believe @ 23andme you may come back as B2.

      I was originally B4-5 over @ FTDNA
      but Nat Geo & 23andme have me at B2
      I did test w/ Genebase and came back H something, obviously that was an error.

      On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 9:17 AM, <sangerjaime@...> wrote:

      Joel,

      My spouse is B4'5.  Her maternal grandma was born in a small town outside of Guaymas Sonora.  They migrated into the Nogales Az area in the early 1900's and also use to live in Guadalupe AZ. Her oldest uncle could speak Yaqui.  He told me he went to school with Yaqui children in a town I believe he called Empalme Sonora, outside of Guaymas. I believe the B haplogroup may be common to the Yaqui?

      Jaime