166Re: Francisco Cantu aka Canales aka Leal born 3/5/1897 in China Nuevo Leon,Mexico

    Jul 2, 2013
      Hi Dahlia,
      I have added your Uncles result to the Mexico DNA Project, created a Ysearch account and linked his results to the Ysearch button next to his Son's name.
      Some of his markers are not that common for R1b and he is a 12 marker match to Frank Garcia in our project.
      Here is his posting:

      Just let me know if you would like to update anything.

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "garyf@..." <garyf@...> wrote:
      > Hi Dahlia,
      > I will post his results soon and add this info. on his Ydna line.
      > Please change your password.
      > Best,
      > Gary
      > --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Dahlia Palacios <dahlpalaci@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Gary,
      > > I have been reading with great interest many of the letters that you are receiving. I have many comments of course but for the moment I have a request, Would you please post my uncles markers and information on your site (Francisco Cantu born in China, Nuevo Leon, Mexico on 3/5/1897 ). I had his son Ramon Cantu's  YDNA done by Family tree and received the results about 2 weeks ago. My uncle Francisco Cantu married my mothers sister Rosa Cantu on 19 Jan 1925 in Pearsall,Frio County, Texas. We do not know who his parents are. At the age of 12 on 10 Aug 1909 He was brought across the border at Laredo, Texas as the son of Miguel Canales. My uncle early on realized that he  was not his father. He is recorded as a son in the 1920 census and in 1910 he is recorded as a nephew under the name Francisco Leal. When my uncle married tia Rosa Cantu he decided to use the last name Cantu as his name as well, since the Canales were not being helpful in giving him
      > > information about his biological parents.Bottom line we have no idea who his parents really were. Further research indicates that the Canales last name was really Cantu, I give thanks to Cris Rendon for directing me to the correct family.
      > >
      > > Below is the information so you may access his records at Family Tree DNA  for KIT 289894password is D5251D8A.
      > > Thank you Gary for your on going help.
      > > Dahlia
      > >

      > > Dahlia Guajardo-Cantu de Palacios

    • Show all 63 messages in this topic