161Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Maya DNA

  • Isolina Rich
    Jul 1, 2013
      Linda,

      FTDNA has a sale on their tests. The Family Finder test is only $99. I tested with FTDNA and have connected with 3rd, 4th and 5th cousins. I took the Family Finder test. Most of those I connected with have family trees to compare with. You are right in saying that those who test with FTDNA are into their genealogy.

      Isolina

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 1, 2013, at 5:50 PM, Linda <romero89@...> wrote:

      Many people who test with 23andMe aren't into genealogy. They tested for the health information. That may be why many don't answer inquiries. FTDNA people are into genealogy. Genealogy is the only reason to test there. As for the Ancestry people, I just don't know what makes them test. Many of them post incorrect and unsubstantiated genealogies and refuse to correct them when offered sources for accuracy.

      I tested with Ancestry back in 2002. Paid my money, got some results, then they dropped the whole program and left those of us who tested holding the bag with nothing to show for it. Once burned, twice shy. I haven't even considered testing with them now that they've started up again.

      Linda

    • Show all 44 messages in this topic