14Re: Glad to have you back.

    Jun 12, 2013
      Thank you Orfa,
      I was very disappointed to hear about our lost postings.

      I think it is safe to say those of us with ancestry primarily in Mexico are related many times over within the last 500 years. Also we are related more closely by expansion. There were regional expansions that are more related and frequent than other expansions. The older ancestors in Mexico would come from Mexico City and Guadalajara as these were the first expansions after the conquest. For instance the Conquistador Andres de Tapia has descendants in Northeastern Mexico and the Saltillo Monterrey expansions.

      Maybe we are recently related!

      Best,
      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, "Wonder Grannie" <osalinas3@...> wrote:

      > Gary, it's good to have you back on this project. Sorry to hear all that hard work was lost. I've had DNA tested on my father's yDNA and mtDNA, my mother's mtDNA and my uncle (mom's brother)'s yDNA. All done by FamilyTree DNA. I'm presently waiting for results on my own DNA from ancestryDNA. That one will be the new kind...autosomal or something like that is the name. Anyway, it covers more than just the mtDNA. It should prove very interesting.
      > Orfa L. Salinas

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic