1281Re: [MexicoDNAProject] California Tribes

  • JOEL SR
    Jun 20, 2014
      Gary:

      A response from FTDNA on the indigenous gene pool.

      A long and complicated answer, but the simple truth is

      "but there currently are no specific tribes with a DNA signature that has been identified in use in this tool".

      Now read what they said.

      Dear Joel K,
      I have heard back from one of our researchers.  They comment they have seen this research.  Research DNA testing on tribal groups doesn't mean that the results you are getting are compatible with our results, or compatible enough to provide useful comparisons.  Tribes are not very unique by DNA anyway. It also does not mean that the complete result set is made available for organizations like ours. Research testing is frequently going on with populations all around the world; as more quality, compatible data becomes available for additional populations, they will be considered for addition to our analysis tools like myOrigins.  The populations information we use can be found here: https://www.familytreedna.com/learn/ftdna/myorigins-population-clusters/ ,

      " but there currently are no specific tribes with a DNA signature that has been identified in use in this tool".

      -Darren M
      Family Tree DNA