      From: "JOEL SR hrjoel3@... [MexicoDNAProject]" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 9, 2014 8:01 AM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] California Tribes

      Gary:

      The separating by sectional regions is very interesting.

      I was born in the state of Georgia. I was born in the south western section of Georgia less than a mile from the south eastern section of Alabama.

      The majority of my relatives are from Alabama.

      What about those who are born in northern Georgia vs south Georgia or say central Georgia.

      For DNA purposed are we all different?

      When relating to Asians how can one know the over lapping or mixing of a population with any degree of accuracy?

      How is an European defined? How do you define a mixed European with an Asian, regardless to sectional area?

      Will a Native American be sectionalized as northern, eastern, southern and western with further sectionalizing into northeastern, southeastern etc..

      If admixture of the current Native American population is valid from European DNA then how many Y and mt hgs are in the current native American population? What European populations mixed with the native Americans?

      Then only the autosomal for family connections would be a valid means to use DNA for tribal purposes especially if the tribe is government recognized.

      Will we create more questions than answers?

      If Dr. Willerslev is correct that the Windover Bog Peoples DNA is to contaminated to process this will be a major loss due to time frame and number of total amount of material that will be lost to analyze.

      I will ask Dr. Willerslev about the Penon Woman from Mexico and Luzia from Brazil?

      Lastly, another are of interest is the physiological characteristics such as the shape of the skull, face and central Asian cranial ridge or Celtic bump and the Anatolian bump etc..

      Does any of this have any scientific validity?

      We can have a lot of fun in the search and making friends with emails.

      Joel K. Harris, Sr., Ph.D.

      On Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:02 PM, "Gary Felix garyf@... [MexicoDNAProject]" <MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi Joel K.,
      need a scientific paper showing the evidence of Euro origins.  Thus far all the DNA evidence points to NE Asian origin and Central Asian (haplogroup Q) before that just like Y haplogroup R.  Kennewick Man's Y DNA turned out to match one of the researchers (contaminated).  Y Haplogroup C in the second migration appears to have come up the coast of Asia.

      It appears the reason for the confusion is that the first arrivals were thin faced NA from NE Asia.

      Gary