1153Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Origins Results

    May 7, 2014
      Your welcome Kim,
      >European - 80%    No big surprise there except I'm sure I have some Spain which wasn't picked up. - this is curious but your Northern Euro dominates at 23andme also while your Southern comes in at 11 percent.

      >New World - 9%    I'm wondering if this is a bit underestimated. - I noticed this along with your East Asian is the same as 23andme has. Is this in line with Eurogenes K13 at gedmatch?

      >Jewish Diaspora - 9%   There is an oral history of Ashkenazi Jewish on my mother's side which >is my guess for this estimate.  Also....doesn't seem to be picking up any Sephardic which I do >believe is there on my father's side.
      I believe some of the Ashkenazi you are seeing is Sephardic in origin. How far back is your Mother's Ashkenazi?

      >Also....I'm confused about what it is showing when you click on your oldest maternal and paternal >ancestors tab.  If your parents have not tested, what does this mean?
      If you put the cursor over this feature an explanation is given.
      "show the location of the most distant family finder paternal/maternal ancestor of your family finder matches"

      Gary

      Just thought I would share my results and give my first impressions:

      European - 80%    No big surprise there except I'm sure I have some Spain which wasn't picked up.
      New World - 9%    I'm wondering if this is a bit underestimated.
      Jewish Diaspora - 9%   There is an oral history of Ashkenazi Jewish on my mother's side which is my guess for this estimate.  Also....doesn't seem to be picking up any Sephardic which I do believe is there on my father's side.
      African - 2%
      East Asian - 1%    I believe this reflects the Native American component

      Also....I'm confused about what it is showing when you click on your oldest maternal and paternal ancestors tab.  If your parents have not tested, what does this mean?

      Thanks for your help.
      Kim

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic