      From: Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...>
      To: MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, February 9, 2014 9:49 PM
      Subject: Re: [MexicoDNAProject] Re: Sephardic Ancestry - Countries of Ancestry

      I have not completed these men's pedigrees at their individual kit sites...I am very sure on the Romero G guy as his grandfather is from the ex-mission village that was his family's landgrant upon secularization of that mission.  The Romero soldier was given that landgrant.

      The Mayoral history is Filipino 1760 in Baja California-I did 3 men from 3 different areas known to have founder's descendants and got 2 perfect matches and what I consider a NPE.....

      I have not had any time to fill in the tree blanks as I must return south of the border.

      Teddi Montes

      On Feb 9, 2014, at 9:35 PM, Teddi Montes wrote:

      So far surname Aguiar (N-m231),  Higuera (T-m70 or T1B), Romero (G-m201), ......waiting for backbone test for Mayoral guys but either O or T????
      and another Romero.

      Teddi Montes

      On Feb 9, 2014, at 9:27 PM, garyf@... wrote:

      Hi Teddi,
      this could be Neolithic as well. Please let me know which of the samples you have added to the project you would like to post. I can check the databases to determine affinity for their Y dna line.

      Gary

      --- In MexicoDNAProject@yahoogroups.com, Teddi Montes <o2bnbaja@...> wrote:

      > Is J1 Sephardic, Gary?
      >
      > One of my Baja California Y tests came back J1....along with other
      > very entertaining haplos such as N and O and T......all descendants of
      > mission workers or soldiers in Baja Califor! nia before 1800. I leave
      > in the next couple of days to return to Baja and my next 350 miles of
      > mule packing in search of the Y.
      >
      > Teddi Montes
      > The Californio DNA Project
      >

      > On Feb 9, 2014, at 9:09 PM, Randal Soza wrote:
      >

      > > Ahhhhh! Gotcha.......I must've missed the original mail on
      > > this.......that's why I was wondering what this was about. Lol!
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Randal Soza
      > >
      > > Jewish Mexico Arizona Southwest US Project Admin
      > >
      > > On Feb 9, 2014, at 10:08 PM, "garyf@..." <garyf@...>
      > > wrote:

    • Show all 47 messages in this topic