Re: Looking for a general in Villa's Army

  • efdominguez@prodigy.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
      --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, "E Bryant Holman"
      <bryanth@p...> wrote:
      > If anyone knows anything about this please write to this person
      >
      > Bryant

      I thought you all might find it interesting too:

      Shortly after the Battle of Torreon (October 1st 1913) and before
      the attack to the city of Chihuahua (November 5th, 1913) . In a
      place called Santa Rosalía
      (http://www.maps-of-mexico.com/chihuahua-state-mexico/chihuahua-
      state-mexico-map-c2.shtml)
      Pancho Villa had Gral. Benjamín Yuriar shot for insubordination.
      Apparently Gral Yuriar was very brave, because Colonel Toribio
      Ortega (future General) and General Maclovio Herrera tried to
      discipline him without much success.
      After those two failed attempts, Pancho Villa sent a small group of
      officers led by Colonel Benito Artalejo to arrest him and have him
      shot. This group did not fail, the orders were carried promptly…
      actually too fast; a trial had to be carried "after the fact" to
      legalize his execution. This group of officers would later be known
      as "Los Dorados" and the first commander they will have was Benito
      Artalejo.
      The following books (at least) have some information:
      1)Memorias de Pancho Villa by Martin Luis Guzman page 132.
      2)Las grandes batallas de la División del Norte page 47.
      3)Hechos Reales de la Revolución (Primer Tomo) by Alberto Calzadíaz
      Barrera page 144.
      The following Webpage has the information too:
      http://revolucionentorreon.galeon.com/productos753142.html
    • efdominguez@prodigy.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2004

        > --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, "E Bryant Holman"
        > <bryanth@p...> wrote:
        > > If anyone knows anything about this please write to this person
        > >
        > > Bryant
        > >
        > Another interesting note about General Benjamín Yuriar:

        He was 1 of the 12 original founding members of "La División del
        Norte" in September 29th, 1913.

        He was no more a member, 30 days later (see previous post).

        Here is the link.

        http://www.online.com.mx/el_heraldo/reportajes/20011202/2.html

        Efrain Dominguez
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Division_del_Norte/