Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Government of Mexico

Expand Messages
  • lvdacntry
    I m gonna throw my 2 cents in since you asked.....I see no reason any count= ry and it s people can t be as prosperous as the U.S.....Mexico is a beautiful
    Message 1 of 16 , May 20, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in since you asked.....I see no reason any count=
      ry and it's
      people can't be as prosperous as the U.S.....Mexico is a beautiful country,=
      and with
      the right government...and this goes for any country.....one that cares for=
      it's
      people...who aren't lining their own pockets while it's citizens starve and=
      go
      homeless....which, yes, still happens in the good ole' U.S.....anyway....ot=
      her than gang
      bangers here in the U.S....I have not met a Mexican/Hispanic I did not like=
      .....and just
      want to say...it's a shame Pancho never became President of Mexco...I think=
      he would
      have done alot for the country and it's people...putting aside his stealing=
      cattle and
      attacking Columbia.....







      --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, Puma_Spirit <new_mexico_sue@y...>=

      wrote:
      > I agree with you completely, Mr. Landers.
      > I wrote about my familie's involvement in the
      > Mexican Revolutions and the greatness of
      > President Fox taking over the presidency
      > from the PRI. My familie's story is buried
      > in the posts here somewhere.
      >
      > Susan Guajardo Padilla de Shiroma
      >
      > Ralph Landers <brown_323@y...> wrote:
      > Well, I'll be brief...I just couldn't help
      > participating in such interesting topic.
      > I am from Juarez, Chihuahua and my family has been a
      > big supporter of the PAN; so I am have a lot of
      > respect for our President Fox. He is not the perfect
      > president but he has proven to change politics a great
      > deal. I am happy to know that Fox is the only one, as
      > far as I am concern, to care about Mexicans abroad.
      > The PRI has been afraid of allowing Mexicans living in
      > the US to vote because they know that it is because of
      > them that we left the country. Forgive me if I am
      > wrong, but FOX has laid the foundation for a major
      > change in our country. Aleluya!!!
      >
      > Ralph Landers
      > El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reyna de Los Angeles,
      > Alta California
      > --- Damon wrote:
      > > Bryant,
      > >
      > > I am sure we all appreciate your point of view.
      > > I was trying to generalize in the most broadest
      > > sense as the thrust of this list is not political,
      > > but since you seemed to really want to dive into it,
      > > so be it.
      > >
      > > > countries have the same advantages that we have, and
      > > that their problems are brought on by their lack of
      > > initiative, but that is not so.>
      > >
      > > What are you talking about Bryant? I never
      > > mentioned initiative or advantages we or anyone
      > > have. Why do you feel a need to set up a topic? So
      > > you can comment on it?
      > >
      > > I would not disagree that this country ( and many
      > > others) have a hand in influencing Mexico and other
      > > latin american countries. Germany and even Japan had
      > > their noses in the revolution as we now know. I dont
      > > know where you get your claims of US government
      > > intervention in Latin America but I assure you most
      > > other governments are and were involved Bryant. Its
      > > called multi nationalism, you know? But that could
      > > only be possible with the willing cooperation of the
      > > government.
      > >
      > > Fox a puppet of the US? I dont know about that. I do
      > > think he is very cozy with the transnational
      > > corporations which are the real cuprits here and in
      > > Mexico. If you are so in tune with mexico and the
      > > people there you would know that the average mexican
      > > feels that Fox is more of an opportunist.
      > >
      > > To my mind anytime whole towns of citizens of a
      > > country pack up and leave for another as is
      > > happening now speaks not only to a financial crisis
      > > but a total lack of faith in the future. The mexcans
      > > are a very hardy people able to make do with very
      > > little if necessary, esp the campesinos, but there
      > > are few of them left as the banks no longer want to
      > > loan money for seed. Even a very well educated
      > > individual often needs several jobs just to get by.
      > > And no, thats not their fault.
      > >
      > > > my opinion. I think that Mexico is a beautiful
      > > country, with a very rich culture, and that Mexicans
      > > are some of the most friendly and enjoyable people
      > > on Earth>
      > >
      > > The original question was not about the wonderful
      > > mexican people or the beauty of the country, nor old
      > > black and white movies ( which I enjoy too) but
      > > about what we thought of MEXICO AND ITS GOVERNMENT.
      > > I chose the government part of the question, ok? And
      > > yes, I speak spanish too and have relatives in
      > > mexico ( care to compare numbers??) and have worked
      > > with people from virtually every state of the
      > > country of all social classes for over 20 years so I
      > > think I have some knowledge of the subject.
      > >
      > > I too hope we can return to the original theme of
      > > the revolution.
      > >
      > >
      > > Damon
      > > ----- Original Message -----
      > > From: E Bryant Holman
      > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
      > > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:11 PM
      > > Subject: Re: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
      > > Mexico
      > >
      > >
      > > <> mexico by whatever means they can says it all.>>
      > >
      > > I don't think that "says it all". The only thing
      > > it speaks to is the financial crisis in Mexico, and
      > > maybe the fact of the exploding population figures.
      > > But it does not speak to much else. You cannot
      > > simplify the matter of what makes Mexico attactive
      > > or less than attractive to anyone simply by bringing
      > > up the issue of illegal (and legal) immigration.
      > >
      > > Americans assume that the populations of other
      > > countries have the same advantages that we have, and
      > > that their problems are brought on by their lack of
      > > initiative, but that is not so. The US is an
      > > economic predator, using banking power, along with
      > > military power and intrigue by our State Department
      > > and the CIA, for instance, in order to turn Latin
      > > American countries into sources of cheap labor, and
      > > to loot their wealth, to control their politicians,
      > > and to create or exacerbate substandard living
      > > conditions for people in Mexico and other Latin
      > > American countries, and this is the main reason, I
      > > feel, that there is so much illegal immigration.
      > >
      > > Even if we were to go back to the issue of the
      > > Mexican Revolution, which is the theme of the type
      > > of discussions that we are supposes to be having on
      > > this list, we can see that American intervention was
      > > present and affected the initiation of that
      > > conflict, it course, and its outcome, and that the
      > > governments that were installed after the Mexican
      > > Revolution danced to the tunes that Washington
      > > played, and they still do, and these are matters
      > > that have directly led to the conditions that spawn
      > > so much immigration and job seeking by Mexicans who
      > > come to the US.
      > >
      > > Now, addressing the original question, I will
      > > offer my opinion. I think that Mexico is a beautiful
      > > country, with a very rich culture, and that Mexicans
      > > are some of the most friendly and enjoyable people
      > > on Earth. I love the traditional music - the
      > > mariachis and trios expecially, and corridos and
      > > love songs done in the traditional style with
      > > mariachis. I don't like norteña or banda music too
      > > much, however, or Mexican rock. I like the old
      > > movies with Jorge Negrete and Pedro Enfante, and the
      > > India Maria movies, and Cantinflas, for instance,
      > > but I hate the soap operas on Mexican television.
      > >
      > > I think that Mexican President Vicente Fox is just
      > > a puppet of US interests. I like subcomandate Marcos
      > > a lot. I love the art and culture represented by
      > > Frida and Diego. I am fascinated with Mexican
      > > folklore such as curanderas and curanderos, Mexican
      > > Catholic saint worship and the art and culture that
      > > surrounds it, and especially the Virgin of Guadalupe
      > > and the Santisima Muerte. I love the whole concept
      > > of the Day of the Dead and all of the art and
      > > culture that is connected with that.
      > >
      > > I love the history of the mesoamericans, and I
      > > like a lot of the culture - I consider it to be
      > > fascinating and intriguing - but I don't care much
      > > for the Aztecs in particular, and I consider all of
      > > the attention that they get and all of the myths
      > > surrounding them that are current today to be
      > > misplaced.
      > >
      > > So, those are my opinions as an American who does
      > > know something about Mexico. I speak Spanish, and I
      > > am married to a Mexican woman and I have a Mexican
      > > child.
      > >
      > > Bryant "Eduardo" Holman
      > > Presidio, Texas and Ojinaga, Chihuahua
      > >
      > > ----- Original Message -----
      > > From: n wakula
      > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
      > > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:07 PM
      > > Subject: Re: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
      > > Mexico
      > >
      > >
      > > I think it may say something but certainly does
      > > not say it all !!!! It perhaps may say something
      > > about the government but it in no way addresses the
      > > warmth, genorousity, passion, culture and spirit of
      > > Mexico and it's people. I live a better part of each
      > > year in Mexico whose people have embraced me
      > > wholeheartedly and whose culture, both historically
      > > and contemporary, continues to fascinate me.
      > >
      > > Norah
      > >
      > > I assume 'here' means the United States.
      > >
      > >
      > > Damon wrote:
      > > I think the flood of people coming here from
      > > mexico by whatever means they can says it all.
      > >
      > > Damon
      > > ----- Original Message -----
      > > From: sooprafreak
      > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
      > > Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:24 PM
      > > Subject: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
      > > Mexico
      > >
      > >
      > > I was just curious about what people think
      > > about Mexico and its
      > > government overall. I am Mexican and I think
      > > that I can not
      > > personally judge it just because of the fact
      > > that I am Mexican. Most
      > > of the people that I am trying to aim this at
      > > is anyone who has
      > > visited Mexico and also that are not Mexicans.
      > > Well hopefully I will
      > > get a response. Thank you, Bye
      > >
      > === message truncated ===
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > __________________________________
      > Do you Yahoo!?
      > Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
      > http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Villa and Zapata LARGE POSTERS at http://ojinaga.com/posters/index1.html
      >
      > Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa
      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > ---------------------------------
      > Do you Yahoo!?
      > Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
    • Ron Ruiz
      For starters, He did not attack Columbia, He attacked Columbus, New Mexico. And he had good reasons. lvdacntry wrote:I m gonna throw my 2
      Message 2 of 16 , May 25, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        For starters, He did not attack Columbia, He attacked Columbus, New Mexico. And he had good reasons.

        lvdacntry <lvdacntry@...> wrote:
        I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in since you asked.....I see no reason any count=
        ry and it's
        people can't be as prosperous as the U.S.....Mexico is a beautiful country,=
        and with
        the right government...and this goes for any country.....one that cares for=
        it's
        people...who aren't lining their own pockets while it's citizens starve and=
        go
        homeless....which, yes, still happens in the good ole' U.S.....anyway....ot=
        her than gang
        bangers here in the U.S....I have not met a Mexican/Hispanic I did not like=
        .....and just
        want to say...it's a shame Pancho never became President of Mexco...I think=
        he would
        have done alot for the country and it's people...putting aside his stealing=
        cattle and
        attacking Columbia.....







        --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, Puma_Spirit <new_mexico_sue@y...>=

        wrote:
        > I agree with you completely, Mr. Landers.
        > I wrote about my familie's involvement in the
        > Mexican Revolutions and the greatness of
        > President Fox taking over the presidency
        > from the PRI. My familie's story is buried
        > in the posts here somewhere.

        > Susan Guajardo Padilla de Shiroma
        >
        > Ralph Landers <brown_323@y...> wrote:
        > Well, I'll be brief...I just couldn't help
        > participating in such interesting topic.
        > I am from Juarez, Chihuahua and my family has been a
        > big supporter of the PAN; so I am have a lot of
        > respect for our President Fox. He is not the perfect
        > president but he has proven to change politics a great
        > deal. I am happy to know that Fox is the only one, as
        > far as I am concern, to care about Mexicans abroad.
        > The PRI has been afraid of allowing Mexicans living in
        > the US to vote because they know that it is because of
        > them that we left the country. Forgive me if I am
        > wrong, but FOX has laid the foundation for a major
        > change in our country. Aleluya!!!
        >
        > Ralph Landers
        > El Pueblo de Nuestra Se�ora Reyna de Los Angeles,
        > Alta California
        > --- Damon wrote:
        > > Bryant,
        > >
        > > I am sure we all appreciate your point of view.
        > > I was trying to generalize in the most broadest
        > > sense as the thrust of this list is not political,
        > > but since you seemed to really want to dive into it,
        > > so be it.
        > >
        > > > countries have the same advantages that we have, and
        > > that their problems are brought on by their lack of
        > > initiative, but that is not so.>
        > >
        > > What are you talking about Bryant? I never
        > > mentioned initiative or advantages we or anyone
        > > have. Why do you feel a need to set up a topic? So
        > > you can comment on it?
        > >
        > > I would not disagree that this country ( and many
        > > others) have a hand in influencing Mexico and other
        > > latin american countries. Germany and even Japan had
        > > their noses in the revolution as we now know. I dont
        > > know where you get your claims of US government
        > > intervention in Latin America but I assure you most
        > > other governments are and were involved Bryant. Its
        > > called multi nationalism, you know? But that could
        > > only be possible with the willing cooperation of the
        > > government.
        > >
        > > Fox a puppet of the US? I dont know about that. I do
        > > think he is very cozy with the transnational
        > > corporations which are the real cuprits here and in
        > > Mexico. If you are so in tune with mexico and the
        > > people there you would know that the average mexican
        > > feels that Fox is more of an opportunist.
        > >
        > > To my mind anytime whole towns of citizens of a
        > > country pack up and leave for another as is
        > > happening now speaks not only to a financial crisis
        > > but a total lack of faith in the future. The mexcans
        > > are a very hardy people able to make do with very
        > > little if necessary, esp the campesinos, but there
        > > are few of them left as the banks no longer want to
        > > loan money for seed. Even a very well educated
        > > individual often needs several jobs just to get by.
        > > And no, thats not their fault.
        > >
        > > > my opinion. I think that Mexico is a beautiful
        > > country, with a very rich culture, and that Mexicans
        > > are some of the most friendly and enjoyable people
        > > on Earth>
        > >
        > > The original question was not about the wonderful
        > > mexican people or the beauty of the country, nor old
        > > black and white movies ( which I enjoy too) but
        > > about what we thought of MEXICO AND ITS GOVERNMENT.
        > > I chose the government part of the question, ok? And
        > > yes, I speak spanish too and have relatives in
        > > mexico ( care to compare numbers??) and have worked
        > > with people from virtually every state of the
        > > country of all social classes for over 20 years so I
        > > think I have some knowledge of the subject.
        > >
        > > I too hope we can return to the original theme of
        > > the revolution.
        > >
        > >
        > > Damon
        > > ----- Original Message -----
        > > From: E Bryant Holman
        > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
        > > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:11 PM
        > > Subject: Re: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
        > > Mexico
        > >
        > >
        > > <> mexico by whatever means they can says it all.>>
        > >
        > > I don't think that "says it all". The only thing
        > > it speaks to is the financial crisis in Mexico, and
        > > maybe the fact of the exploding population figures.
        > > But it does not speak to much else. You cannot
        > > simplify the matter of what makes Mexico attactive
        > > or less than attractive to anyone simply by bringing
        > > up the issue of illegal (and legal) immigration.
        > >
        > > Americans assume that the populations of other
        > > countries have the same advantages that we have, and
        > > that their problems are brought on by their lack of
        > > initiative, but that is not so. The US is an
        > > economic predator, using banking power, along with
        > > military power and intrigue by our State Department
        > > and the CIA, for instance, in order to turn Latin
        > > American countries into sources of cheap labor, and
        > > to loot their wealth, to control their politicians,
        > > and to create or exacerbate substandard living
        > > conditions for people in Mexico and other Latin
        > > American countries, and this is the main reason, I
        > > feel, that there is so much illegal immigration.
        > >
        > > Even if we were to go back to the issue of the
        > > Mexican Revolution, which is the theme of the type
        > > of discussions that we are supposes to be having on
        > > this list, we can see that American intervention was
        > > present and affected the initiation of that
        > > conflict, it course, and its outcome, and that the
        > > governments that were installed after the Mexican
        > > Revolution danced to the tunes that Washington
        > > played, and they still do, and these are matters
        > > that have directly led to the conditions that spawn
        > > so much immigration and job seeking by Mexicans who
        > > come to the US.
        > >
        > > Now, addressing the original question, I will
        > > offer my opinion. I think that Mexico is a beautiful
        > > country, with a very rich culture, and that Mexicans
        > > are some of the most friendly and enjoyable people
        > > on Earth. I love the traditional music - the
        > > mariachis and trios expecially, and corridos and
        > > love songs done in the traditional style with
        > > mariachis. I don't like norte�a or banda music too
        > > much, however, or Mexican rock. I like the old
        > > movies with Jorge Negrete and Pedro Enfante, and the
        > > India Maria movies, and Cantinflas, for instance,
        > > but I hate the soap operas on Mexican television.
        > >
        > > I think that Mexican President Vicente Fox is just
        > > a puppet of US interests. I like subcomandate Marcos
        > > a lot. I love the art and culture represented by
        > > Frida and Diego. I am fascinated with Mexican
        > > folklore such as curanderas and curanderos, Mexican
        > > Catholic saint worship and the art and culture that
        > > surrounds it, and especially the Virgin of Guadalupe
        > > and the Santisima Muerte. I love the whole concept
        > > of the Day of the Dead and all of the art and
        > > culture that is connected with that.
        > >
        > > I love the history of the mesoamericans, and I
        > > like a lot of the culture - I consider it to be
        > > fascinating and intriguing - but I don't care much
        > > for the Aztecs in particular, and I consider all of
        > > the attention that they get and all of the myths
        > > surrounding them that are current today to be
        > > misplaced.
        > >
        > > So, those are my opinions as an American who does
        > > know something about Mexico. I speak Spanish, and I
        > > am married to a Mexican woman and I have a Mexican
        > > child.
        > >
        > > Bryant "Eduardo" Holman
        > > Presidio, Texas and Ojinaga, Chihuahua
        > >
        > > ----- Original Message -----
        > > From: n wakula
        > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
        > > Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 12:07 PM
        > > Subject: Re: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
        > > Mexico
        > >
        > >
        > > I think it may say something but certainly does
        > > not say it all !!!! It perhaps may say something
        > > about the government but it in no way addresses the
        > > warmth, genorousity, passion, culture and spirit of
        > > Mexico and it's people. I live a better part of each
        > > year in Mexico whose people have embraced me
        > > wholeheartedly and whose culture, both historically
        > > and contemporary, continues to fascinate me.
        > >
        > > Norah
        > >
        > > I assume 'here' means the United States.
        > >
        > >
        > > Damon wrote:
        > > I think the flood of people coming here from
        > > mexico by whatever means they can says it all.
        > >
        > > Damon
        > > ----- Original Message -----
        > > From: sooprafreak
        > > To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
        > > Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 3:24 PM
        > > Subject: [MexicanRevolution] Government of
        > > Mexico
        > >
        > >
        > > I was just curious about what people think
        > > about Mexico and its
        > > government overall. I am Mexican and I think
        > > that I can not
        > > personally judge it just because of the fact
        > > that I am Mexican. Most
        > > of the people that I am trying to aim this at
        > > is anyone who has
        > > visited Mexico and also that are not Mexicans.
        > > Well hopefully I will
        > > get a response. Thank you, Bye
        > >
        > === message truncated ===
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > __________________________________
        > Do you Yahoo!?
        > Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs
        > http://hotjobs.sweepstakes.yahoo.com/careermakeover
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > Villa and Zapata LARGE POSTERS at http://ojinaga.com/posters/index1.html
        >
        > Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >            
        > ---------------------------------
        > Do you Yahoo!?
        > Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs




        Villa and Zapata LARGE POSTERS at http://ojinaga.com/posters/index1.html

        Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa



         starters


        Do you Yahoo!?
        Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger
      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.