Villa's Marksmanship/Weapons

  • Sonny Hernandez
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2003
      I read in the Katz' book that Villa was once asked to demonstrate his
      marksmanship by shooting at a piece of wood floating in a lake. He
      hit
      the target which was floating well over a hundred yards away dead
      center and proved he was a real shootist.
      A few years ago, a Colt Pistol collector advised me that Villa's
      personal carry weapon was a Colt Bisley Model, 5.5" bbl, in 45LC.
      Are there any photos of his personal weapons available that are not in
      his rig?
      Adios, Sonny
    • lizandro lopez
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 7, 2003

        Sonny Hernandez <bsbone54@...> wrote:
        I read in the Katz' book that Villa was once asked to demonstrate his
        marksmanship by shooting at a piece of wood floating in a lake. He
        hit
        the target which was floating well over a hundred yards away dead
        center and proved he was a real shootist.
        A few years ago, a Colt Pistol collector advised me that Villa's
        personal carry weapon was a Colt Bisley Model, 5.5" bbl, in 45LC.
        Are there any photos of his personal weapons available that are not in
        his rig?
        Adios, Sonny

        well i guess that we are all reading the sAME BOOK  really good book any ways this questoin goes to either bryant or Efrain in the Katz book in the chapter where it realates a story about Luz it states that she moved to havana was that correct page 257 " (Luz Corral) She spent five years during Villa fought his his desperate guerrilla warfare in the hills of Chihuahua first in Havanaand later in El Paso."    This sounds to me like a mistake but what do you guys know about this

        thanks

        Daniel
        Villa and Zapata LARGE POSTERS at http://ojinaga.com/posters/index1.html

        Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa

         i guess

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • EFRAIN DOMINGUEZ
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2003
          1.- The shooting of the piece of wood floating, is actually from the book "El Verdadero Pancho Villa" (Silvestre Terrazas) chapter 32.
          2.- "El �guila y la serpiente" (Mart�n Luis Guzman) also has a chapter on Villa's marksmanship, putting a bullet thru an empty shell (same cal.) at 20 yds.
          3.- "Pancho Villa en la Intimidad" (Luz Corral) describes in detail, their exile, she was traveling with Hipolito, Mrs. Medinabeitia, Mrs. Rodriguez, and others, at Villa's request. They traveled thru US, and due to some problems, they ended up staying in Cuba. Shortly after they left the US territory, Villa attacked Columbus (?)
          4.- There is a photo that shows Villa, dressed as general, shooting a colt (I guess)  in the book "Francisco Villa" (Enrique Krauze) page 49.
          If you need any more info, let me know. I will be traveling to Mexico city (in search of Revolucion stuff, books, videos), be back on Friday or Saturday.