Re: [MexicanRevolution] Re: Great-grandfather Angeles

  • EFRAIN DOMINGUEZ
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
      There were quite a few "Toma de Torreon"...
      you need to be more specific...
      but if you want to research it in books:
      "Las Grandes batallas de la Divisi�n del Norte" by Luis & Adrian Aguirre Benavides
      "Memorias de Pancho Villa" by Martin Luis Guzman
      "Hechos reales de la Revolucion" by Calzadiaz Barrera
      etc. etc.
      It will help to know what are you looking for, dates, names, etc.

      Hope that helps.

      Roadwarrior <ljairsoft@...> wrote:
      Anyone knows where can I get info from:  "La Toma de Torreon"

      I'm from Torreon, live in Los Angeles, CA.

      I'm very interested in this subject.

      Gracias!

      lpangeles2003 <lpangeles2003@...> wrote:
      Thanks for that information...I had heard there was a bust of Felipe
      and that Pancho Villa had it at his home ...that was the story that I
      was told..Thanks for the info on the Calzadiaz book also..This is
      greatly appreciated...Linda Page

      --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, Efrain F. Dom�nguez
      <efdominguez@p...> wrote:
      > there is a monument in Pachca cemetery, that I think has a bust
      from Angeles.
      > The Calzadiaz book has a photo (too little).

      General
      >   > Felipe Angeles..my grandmother Georgia Hanning was married to
      >   Alberto
      >   > Angeles, son of Felipe. They had my mother Clarita. I am trying
      >   > find as much information about my great-grandfather and
      grandfather
      >   > and their relatives as possible. If anyone as any information
      it
      >   > would be greatly welcomed. I have Matthew Slattery's book. But
      >   > understand that there is a possiblity that I may have aunts in
      >   Mexico
      >   > possibly from a second marriage with Alberto. Also I understand
      >   that
      >   > Pancho Villa may have had a bust of My great-grandfather and
      >   wondered
      >   > if that was true. If any one can help me find out more I would
      >   > greatly appreciate it.
      >   > Thank you, Linda Page
      >   >
      >   >
      >   > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
      >   >
      >   > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
      >   >
      >   >
      >   >
      >   > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
      Service.

      >         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Service.

      Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa

      Do you Yahoo!?

      Check out the Pancho Villa Home Page at http://ojinaga.com/villa

    • Roadwarrior
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2003
        I'm looking for pretty much for everything about Torreon,pictures, storyes, dates, etc, etc.
        Torroen it's my hometown and I know it has alot of history.

        That is why I'm so interested.

        Gracias for your reply, I'll look for these books

        Luis Jaime Rodriguez