Hello

  • Omar Chairez
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2003

      Helo I'am new in this group and i know alot of things about pancho villa several of my dads uncles die with Villa one die in Torreon and if you all don't belive me look in book it say that Villa took Torrenon and he has an Hacienda in Canutillo I've bein there its in Durango close to Parral I went to his hacienda this may they have alot of neat stuff like his money and guns and a piture of him like about 20 feet tall if you from Durango you should know I'am Mexican I was born in Durango well if you want to send me an e-mail heres my e-mail durangito692003@... I woul tell you more stuff but only its to long to tell you that much well ok bye.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Eloy Briones
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2003
        Hi Omar,
        I would be interested in any information you have about Villa. My
        Grandfather fought with Villa. We do have a group pictures that he took
        with Villa, Obregon, Huerta and other after the battle of Cuidad Jaurez in
        1911.
        Welcome to the group.
        Eloy Garza Briones

        >From: Omar Chairez <durangito692003@...>
        >To: MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com
        >CC: durangito692003@...
        >Subject: [MexicanRevolution] Hello
        >Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:46:52 -0800 (PST)
        >

        >Helo I'am new in this group and i know alot of things about pancho villa
        >several of my dads uncles die with Villa one die in Torreon and if you all
        >don't belive me look in book it say that Villa took Torrenon and he has an
        >Hacienda in Canutillo I've bein there its in Durango close to Parral I went
        >to his hacienda this may they have alot of neat stuff like his money and
        >guns and a piture of him like about 20 feet tall if you from Durango you
        >should know I'am Mexican I was born in Durango well if you want to send me
        >an e-mail heres my e-mail durangito692003@... I woul tell you more
        >stuff but only its to long to tell you that much well ok bye.

      • writer_hughes
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2011
          My name is Stephanie Hughes. I am a genealogist and have been (finally)able to crack the code on my mother's side of the family since the Mormon Church opened up their achive on Mexico (church and civil documents) and posted it on the internet.

          My mother's maiden name is Villuanueva and her father was born in Cuchillo Parado, Chihuahua, Mexico. (Hope you can see where this is headed. :+) ) My great-grandfather, Florencio, and his two brothers, Valentin and Epitacio fought with and for their uncle, Brig. General Toribio Ortega (His sister, Nicolasa Ortega married Urbano Villanueva.)

          From what I can find online--and it's not a lot--Epitacio (born 1881) was a "Chief in Command" along with Porfirio Ornelas Galindo , Jose Valles Jordan, Francis P. Ontiveros, Melitón Ortega , José San Román, Canuto Leyva. Ontiveros, Meliton Ortega , José San Román, Canuto Leyva.

          But that's really all the military info I can find on this man. Are there military records in an archive somewhere? I'd really like to find out what happened to him as my family had absolutely NO clue that these people were in our family. My grandfather never, ever said a word.

          I am figuring Epitacio died during the Revolution and am hoping that somewhere in a stack of old documents holds the clues to my family's past.

          Any suggestions would be much appreciated!