Mexican Military in the 1870s and 80s

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18, 2010
      I know this is outside the group remit, but crave indulgence, please. Can anyone point me towards images and descriptions of the Mexican military in the 1870s and 80s? Specifically campaigns against the Indians. Internet sources would be great but books, preferably in English (I know! I can copy with Spanish but it is hard) would be fine too.

      Many thanks for any help anyone can give. It is research for a book I have been asked by a UK publisher to consider doing, a kind of Handbook of Mexican Military history. I find I have a lot of material on all periods other than this and the Indian campaigns. If it comes to fruition all help will, of course, be properly acknowledged within.

      Many thanks and again apologies for being off-topic. Apologies also for the cross-post - some of you will see this on other groups you belong to.

      Mike