researching my family connection to Mexican revolution

  • ljuarez021
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2009
      Hola amigos!Have always had an interest in revolution since I grew up hearing stories from both my grandfather's.My patrilinial grandparents were from the State of Chihuahua. My grandfather Jose Jaquez was born in Santa Isabel in 1883. My grandmother was born in San Andres in 1891, and was a Trevizo Corral. Her mother Refugio Corral was the sister of Luz Corral Fierro's father. That would make my grandmother Sara Luz Corral's prima hermana.What Iam currently looking for is information that is missing in my family history. For instance I do not currently know what Maria Luz Corral Fierro, father's name was.
      In addition, my grandmother told me that her brother Leonides Corral was killed in one of the first skirmishes of the revolution at a farm close to San Andres but I do not know much more than that, so I am also looking for more information about Leonides. My grandmother's father was named Hipolito, and her mother's name was Refugio. My father was born in Chihuahua, Chihuahua in 1907. They immigrated to the USA in the fall of 1915.The family traveled throughout the Western United States, having lived in Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Nebraska, Minnesota and finally settled in Davenport Iowa in the late 1920's. Another family mystery that haunts me is why my grandfather changed his name and was known here in the United States as Jose Juarez, which is the name he carried to his grave. Anyone who can share some information with me, I would greatly appreciate it.
      Gracias ah todos.
    • Michael Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2009
        Great story of family ties and some background on the conflict.

        Thanks for sharing that info.

        Mick

[...]

      • Carlos Mendez
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2011

          http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/156341_1745242670882_1233211814_32024856_2183311_n.jpg

          leonides corral y otros villistas que murieron en la batalla del tecolote el 27 de noviembre de 1910