Re: [MexicanRevolution] Famous "LAST WORDS" ----But Did Pancho Villa Really Say Them ??

  • E Bryant Holman
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
      What "death bed"? He was killed in a rain of large calibre machinegun fire, and he was riding in a car when it happened. Who would have heard his last words? How would he have had a chance to say anything?

      I think his last words were "¡Que la chin....!" or something like that. But since there were no witnesses, that will remain a matter of speculation.

      An "urban legend"" IMO

      Bryant

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
        I agree...although I heard an urban rumor that he was
        saying,"Turn left, pindejo." as the bullets flew.
        atto y sss qblm/Ken Simon/ejercito del sur (honrario)

        --- E Bryant Holman <bryanth@...> wrote:

        > What "death bed"? He was killed in a rain of large
        > calibre machinegun fire, and he was riding in a car
        > when it happened. Who would have heard his last
        > words? How would he have had a chance to say
        > anything?
        >
        > I think his last words were "¡Que la chin....!" or
        > something like that. But since there were no
        > witnesses, that will remain a matter of speculation.
        >
        > An "urban legend"" IMO
        >
        > Bryant

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Paul Renteria
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
          Sounds just like the dying guy in the Arizona Territory who couldn't get out his last words to his killer as he tried to say "You Mutha F____er" which was interpreted as "Yuma",,,,,,

          --- E Bryant Holman <bryanth@presidiotex .com> wrote:

          > What "death bed"? He was killed in a rain of large
          > calibre machinegun fire, and he was riding in a car
          > when it happened. Who would have heard his last
          > words? How would he have had a chance to say
          > anything?
          >
          > I think his last words were "¡Que la chin....!" or
          > something like that. But since there were no
          > witnesses, that will remain a matter of speculation.
          >
          > An "urban legend"" IMO
          >
          > Bryant

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • E Bryant Holman
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2007
            It is said that Villa was rather mealy mouthed a lot of the time but that he went to extreme pains not to let women hear him cuss. So, as there was a school right by where they were driving, my guess is that he would have said "que la chingada" (that is like saying the "f" word) but that, for the sake of the little kids and such that might have been in earshot, he said "que la cancion!" (like saying "darn!")

            (I am helping out the spanishly challenged here a little bit)