OBSERVATION : Photo's of The Mexican Revolution & Pancho Villa !!

  • mnrslvr
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2007
      Off & on , for decades , I have been observing pictures taken during
      the Mexican Revolution , of famous combatants & of citizens & unknown
      soldiers/soldideras !

      Sometimes I will see a new book or article on the Revolution or
      about Pancho Villa and I will have seen every picture that is shown .
      But just as soon as I think to myself , "There are no photos of this
      Revolution or Villa , that I have not already seen ; Surprise ,
      Surprise , before long I will see dozens that I have never seen
      before !

      I can not reference exactly where on the internet , that I was
      recently "looking for history/info on the Mexican Revolution" and I
      found "page after page" of photos of the Revolution & Villa ! Lots of
      them I had seen & many were new to me !

      Ther was a photo "labaled as : Pancho Villa as a child" ! If this was
      Villa , he was no more than 5 or 6 years of age and was dressed in
      very good dress clothing !

      Several others , that I had never seen was of Villa , relaxing in an
      outdoor chair , wearing "non-riding" everyday dress cloths , no hat ,
      with "low-quarter , dress shoes" . There were several photos of this
      same scene , all with a slightly different pose and some with the
      shoes , very dusty & some where the shoes were wiped clean !

      There was a photo of Villa & Rodolfo Fierro , in the front seat of an
      automobile , with Villa driving . It is labled as "Villa & Fierro
      entering Mexico City" , but I'm not sure this was the case !

      I am sure I will continue to see photos of the Revolution & Villa ,
      that I have never seen before ! There were a lot of these photos
      made and more are made public , all the time !
    • Botch
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2007
        Mnrslvr

        It may only be me but this has to be one of the most pointless posts ever. You don't say where you saw the photos you eulogise, and you don't post them either - so none of us can see them. Are we simply supposed to bask in the reflected glow of your pleasure?

        Mike

      • E Bryant Holman
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 11, 2007
          Let's see the link!
[...]

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • E Bryant Holman

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 11, 2007
              Bryant
              It wasn't meant as denigrating, it was meant as ironic - I should have put a :-) at the end to show that. We all love to find new stuff, especially photos, its why we are here, but the thing we do is share - as you say, 'please give us the link'! To just say 'I've found some great information' but not let the rest of us see it like that is too cruel!
              Mike

              Do you think you could come up with a little less denigrating way of requesting a link? Or is this the best you can do?
              .

            • E Bryant Holman
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 12, 2007
                Burn and learn, as us old hippies used to say. Manners are a good thing. I really like them. Certainly, your concerns are real and it is a good thing that you bring up items that would benefit the group if they were observed. In any event, not everyone is as sophisticated as we are so it behooves us to help them along a little bit, but to be gracious about it. When I first got on the internet, I was awed and cowed by everyone and everything. It wasn't until I got in with the regulars in a particular chatroom that I learned to stick up for myself. We have, likely, a lot of newcomers to the internet in general who probably don't know much about how to swim with sharks and the like, if you know what I mean. We have to kind of take it easy on them.

                That's my little rambling rant for today!  =0)

                Bryantcito de la Sierra