Ten Questions That You Should Ask Prior to Purchasing a Stock

  • Cleo Ranosa
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3 4:43 AM

      Ten Questions That You Should Ask Prior to Purchasing a Stock

      The first thing that you should understand is how the company earns money. Just because everyone else is buying the stock and the price has run up tremendously does not mean that you should also be jumping on the band wagon. I suggest that you review the annual report to see the statement of cash flow. Are net earnings increasing while cash is declining? This could be a warning sign that the company could be manipulating the net income. Every company earns money differently. If you don't review the financial reports you may not understand the industry that the company is operating in. For example, when you hear the name General Motors you may immediately conclude that their earnings are tied to the auto industry. However, a closer examination of their financial report will reveal that over 50% of the company profits come from GMAC financing. This wholly owned subsidiary earns money by lending in the financial markets. Therefore, the earnings of GM are tied more closely to the banking industry.

    • lisa rivas
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4 12:58 PM

        HOW EXACTLY IS THIS RELATED TO THE TOPIC OF THIS GROUP????
        NO POSTING OF UNRELATED TOPICS
        Cleo Ranosa <> wrote:

[...]

      • Jesús Mario Ornelas

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 5 10:01 AM
            I kicked that person off for spamming already, and I asked if anyone wanted to help moderate to put a stop to that, which no
            one has volunteered for that, so your flaming the list just makes matters worse, so don't do it again or I will kick you off
            too. I don't need comments from the peanut gallery - never have and never will, so just chill out. And don't use those large
            fonts either.

            Bryant

            On Mon Dec 4 14:58 , lisa rivas <pikachu_rivas@...> sent:

            >HOW EXACTLY IS THIS RELATED TO THE TOPIC OF THIS GROUP???? NO POSTING OF UNRELATED TOPICS
            >Cleo Ranosa <> wrote: Ten Questions That You Should Ask Prior to Purchasing a Stock The first thing that you should
            understand is how the company earns money. Just because everyone else is buying the stock and the price has run up
            tremendously does not mean that you should also be jumping on the band wagon. I suggest that you review the annual report to
            see the statement of cash flow.
            > Are net earnings increasing while cash is declining? This could be a warning sign that the company could be manipulating the
            net income. Every company earns money differently. If you don't review the financial reports you may not understand the
            industry that the company is operating in. For example, when you hear the name General Motors you may immediately conclude
            that their earnings are tied to the auto industry. However, a closer examination of their financial report will reveal that
            over 50% of the company profits come from GMAC financing. This wholly owned subsidiary earns money by lending in the financial
            markets. Therefore, the earnings of GM are tied more closely to the banking industry.
            http://www.blogcharm.com/topstocks/53631/Ten+Questions+That+You+Should+Ask+Prior+to+Purchasing+a+Stock.html Everyone is
            raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.

            >Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.

          • E Bryant Holman
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 5 10:03 AM
              Se puede subir en los archivos del grupo. ¿Lo sabes hacer?
              On Tue Dec 5 11:39 , Jesús Mario Ornelas <mariornelasg@...> sent: