Alvaro Obregon-Margarito Ramirez

  • manuelohio
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
      Hi,

      I am looking for information about my great grandfather. He was
      Margarito Ramirez he saved Alvaro Obregon's life when the other
      president was looking for alvaro to kill him and not to get to the
      presidency.

      any info about this I will appreciate it.

      Send me an email.

      Thanks
      Manuel
    • E Bryant Holman
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
        You are probably referring to the circumstances wherein Carranza decided that Ogrebon was plotting against him and Obregon fled to Morelos to seek refuge with Genovevo de la O. This Margarito Ramirez must have facilitate he fleeing. That might be mentioned in Womack's or Katz's books. I don't have time to look it up right now.

        You can find good books on these topics at http://ojinaga.com/books

        Bryant
        I am looking for information about my great grandfather. He was
        Margarito Ramirez he saved Alvaro Obregon's life when the other
        president was looking for alvaro to kill him and not to get to the
        presidency.

        any info about this I will appreciate it.

        Send me an email.

        Thanks
        Manuel

        Buy Stock for $4.
        No Minimums.
        FREE Money 2002.
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/6GDALA/VovDAA/ySSFAA/7FPplB/TM
      • Ray Acosta
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2002
          Manuel,

          Linda Hall, in her book ��lvaro Obreg�n: Power and
          Revolution in Mexico, 1911-1920� mentions the incident
          you are talking about. On page 239, she says the
          following:

          �Despite Obreg�n�s popularity, it was a moment of
          extreme peril, as he was followed everywhere by
          Carranza�s men. Escape to the north was obviously
          impossible; Sonora was too far away and the area in
          between insecure. Obreg�n therefore resolved to go
          south toward the Zapatistas, with whom he had come to
          an agreement in March. He began his preparation for
          flight on April 12th. For help in his escape,
          Obreg�n again called on the railway men. Evading
          Carrancista surveillance by leaping out of his car in
          the Parque Orizaba and into a taxi hired by railway
          engineer Margarito Ram�rez, Obreg�n concealed him in a
          box car on his own regularly scheduled train for
          Iguala, Guerrero, which took Obreg�n close to
          Zapatista territory. On arrival, the military chief
          of the region, General Romulo Figueroa, declared his
          support for Obreg�n and contacted General Fortunato
          Maycotte, who controlled the area between them and
          Zapatista territory.�

          Ms. Hall cites the following in a footnote: �This
          account is taken from two versions in Valenzuela and
          Chaverri Matamoros, �Sonora,� those of Margarito
          Ram�rez (pp. 179-183) and Obreg�n (pp.183-184)

          Cheers

          Ramon
          --- manuelohio <manuelohio@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am looking for information about my great
          > grandfather. He was
          > Margarito Ramirez he saved Alvaro Obregon's life
          > when the other
          > president was looking for alvaro to kill him and not
          > to get to the
          > presidency.
          >
          > any info about this I will appreciate it.
          >
          > Send me an email.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Manuel

          =====
          Ray Acosta
          (949) 388-2232 home
          (949) 300-8102 cell

          "Never open the door to a lesser evil, for other and greater evils invariably slink in after it." � Baltasar Gracian

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • Manuel lop
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2002
            Ray,

            Gracias por la informacion. Tratare de conseguir estos
            libros. Ya que me parecen interesante y como parte de
            conservar el arbol genealogico.

            Y si por casualidad te encuentras con mas info. te lo
            agradecere.

            Manuel

            http://games.yahoo.com/
          • Ramon4
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 25, 2002
              Manuel,

              Glad I could be of help. If you have difficulty finding the book,
              it is available through Amazon.com. Check the following site:

              http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/089096971X/

              Cheers

              Ramon

              --- In MexicanRevolution@y..., Manuel lop <manuelohio@y...> wrote:
              > Ray,
              >
              > Gracias por la informacion. Tratare de conseguir estos
              > libros. Ya que me parecen interesante y como parte de
              > conservar el arbol genealogico.
              >
              > Y si por casualidad te encuentras con mas info. te lo
              > agradecere.
              >
              > Manuel

            • Ray Acosta
              Message 6 of 6 , May 23 4:06 PM
                Manuel,

                This is Ray Acosta. Manuel if you are still active in this group, I
                received a phone call today from a Mr. Louie Munoz. He tells me
                that he too is related to Margarito Ramirez, and he is looking to
                contact you. He stumbled on to these posting here, but he tells me
                that your Yahoo address doesn't work.

                If you are interested, or if any one on this site know how to get a
                hold of Manuel, please come on back at me either here or at my Yahoo
                address.

                Ray
                --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, "Ramon4" <ramon4@y...>