panco and hollywood

  • draftingguitarcad
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2006
      is it true that panco had camera people film his battles?
    • Alan Millicheap
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2006
        > From: draftingguitarcad
        >
        > is it true that panco had camera people film his battles?

        Yes according to And Starring Pancho Villa As Himself

        See the trivia section of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337824/

        regards

        Alan

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2006
          Si!

          --- draftingguitarcad <draftingguitarcad@...>
          wrote:

          > is it true that panco had camera people film his
          > battles?

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Gerald Raun
          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2006
            --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, "draftingguitarcad"
            <draftingguitarcad@...> wrote:

            > is it true that panco had camera people film his battles?

            Villa signed a contract with the Mutual Film Corporation to "film" his
            battles. The movie company also had a group of still photographers
            with them. They never "filmed a battle" because most of Villa's
            attacks were at night. For instance at Ojinaga, where the famous
            picture of Villa on his horse (usually said to have been taken at
            Torreon or somewhere else) was either an outtake from the film or one
            of a series of still shots taken the day after the battle. All of the
            battle scenes that appeared in the movie, which was widely shown in
            the United States, were staged.
          • Bryant
            Message 5 of 5 , May 8, 2006
              <<picture of Villa on his horse (usually said to have been taken at
              Torreon or somewhere else) was either an outtake from the film or
              one of a series of still shots taken the day after the battle>>

              Either Osorio or Victor Sotelo told me that the photo in question
              was a frame from a film segment. It was taken at the base of
              the "Bajada de las Carreteras" which at the time was one of the only
              ways to get up and down off of the mesa that was once all of
              Ojinaga. The story is that Villa was asked to not be galloping up
              and down as fast as he could so that they could take a still photo
              of him, but he would not cooperate, so that filmed him instead and
              used one frame of that for their still photo.

              Bryant

              --- In MexicanRevolution@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Raun" <graun@...>