JPost 'We will not accept any external dictats regarding our borders' (new EU directives)

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2013

      JPost   Tue, Jul 16, 2013

      The Jerusalem Post

      'We will not accept any external dictats regarding our borders'

      By HERB KEINON

      07/16/2013 19:25

      http://www.jpost.com/Diplomacy-and-Politics/Netanyahu-slams-new-EU-settlement-directives-320026

      Prime minister says he would think those concerned about world stability would first deal with more pressing matters such as Syria after EU reveals new guidelines preventing grants to Israeli entities beyond Green Line. Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu speaks regarding new EU directives at PMO in Jerusalem, July 16.

      Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu slammed new EU guidelines preventing grants to Israeli entities beyond the Green Line, saying Tuesday he would expect those concerned about world stability to first deal with more pressing issues like Syria's civil war and Iran's nuclear march.

      Netanyahu's comments came after a urgent consultation on the matter held in the Prime Minister's Office with Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, Economy and Trade Minister Naphtali Bennett, and Deputy Foreign Minister Ze'ev Elkin.

      "As Israel's prime minister, I will not allow hundreds of thousands of Israelis living in Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights and our united capital of Jerusalem to be harmed," he said.

      He did not, however, elaborate on how he would fight against the move to restrict EU cooperation only to entities inside the pre-1967 lines.

      "We will not accept any external dictats regarding our borders," he said. "That issue will be decided only in direct negotiations between the sides."