Al Aqsa Brigades give Hamas leaders ultimatum

  • News-M
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3 12:25 PM
      Al Aqsa Brigades give Hamas leaders ultimatum
      Date: 03 / 02 / 2007  Time:  11:24
      www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=19167

      Ramallah - Ma'an - The Al Aqsa Brigades, the armed wing of the Fatah
      movement, have announced that they are giving Hamas leaders a period of 24
      hours to condemn the incidents in the Gaza Strip.

      In a press conference in Ramallah held late on Friday evening, the brigades
      declared that Hamas leaders should condemn the bloody attacks in Gaza within
      24 hours, or "we will look at their silence as complicity in these crimes,
      and consequently we will have the right to take the decisions and stances
      which we find suitable against them."

      The brigades called on the minister of interior to resign, and to dissolve
      the Executive Force. They called for the condemnation of "using of the
      mosques and universities for military actions, turning these institutions
      into military arsenals against the Fatah movement and the security bodies".

      The brigades said that they are disagree with the formation of the Executive
      Force in the West Bank, and called on Palestinians "to be careful in dealing
      with this issue", before condemning the statements of the Al-Qassam Brigades
      (the military wing of Hamas) in regard to the recent aid delivery, alleged
      to contain weaponry for forces loyal to Fatah's President Abbas.

      The brigades concluded by calling "for the commitment of all military and
      security bodies in the PA to defend themselves very strongly".