Qassam: Hamas: We will resist Israeli settlements

  • News-M
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2010
      Hamas: We will resist Israeli settlements
      30-09-2010,08:18
      http://www.qassam.ps/news-3501-Hamas_We_will_resist_Israeli_settlements.html

      Al Qassam website - Mahmoud al-Zahar, one of the leaders of the Palestinian
      group Hamas, has hinted that the Hamas will go on the resistance if Israel
      fully resumes Jewish settlement construction in the West Bank.

      Following Sunday's expiration of a 10-month moratorium on Israeli settlement
      construction, ''They started the expansion of settlements, so what does this
      mean? It means that our lands will be taken for the Israelis,'' al-Zahar
      said.

      ''How are they (Palestinians in the West Bank) going to cope with that?
      Bless them or resist?'' said al-Zahar, one of the founders of Hamas. ''What
      is running in the West Bank is self-defense against Israeli occupation.''

      Hamas has claimed responsibility for an Aug 31 attack on a vehicle in the
      West Bank that resulted in the deaths of four Israeli settlers.

      ''This question should be answered first by the Israelis if they are ready
      to achieve peace,'' al-Zahar said in the interview.

      ''We practiced all the peaceful methods up to these moments as (Abbas) is
      holding direct peace talks and achieved nothing,'' he said. ''Only option we
      have is resistance.''