Bureau of Deputy Foreign Minister Ayalon: Dep FM Ayalon: "We do not need to apologize for defending ourselves."

  • News-M
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Press Release (Communicated by the Bureau of Deputy Foreign Minister Ayalon)

      Deputy Foreign Minister Ayalon: "We do not have to apologize for defending
      ourselves"

      Today, (Tuesday 1st June), Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon spoke to a
      large group of Israel supporters from 40 different nations. Ayalon spoke
      about the events surrounding the flotilla yesterday, and reacted to those
      who feel that Israel needs to apologize for its actions. "We do not need to
      apologize for defending ourselves," Ayalon said. "The armada of hate and
      violence is merely one manifestation of the constant provocation Israel
      faces."

      Ayalon also referred to the extreme violence meted out by many of the
      participants on the flotilla. "Please tell me what kind of peace activists
      carry long knives and metal rods and try to kill others," the Deputy Foreign
      Minister said. "The organizers openly stated on many occasions that
      delivering humanitarian aid was not their main mission and we now see how
      true that is."

      You can follow the Deputy Foreign Minister on Facebook and Twitter

      Mr. Ashley Perry
      Media Advisor
      Deputy Foreign Minister's Office
      Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs