Re: [MetaWeblog-API] Re: Pre-RFC: An API for sequences of photos

  • steve zellers
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2003
      <delurk>

      On Friday, May 16, 2003, at 8:45 AM, Dave Winer wrote:
      > But there's certainly no requirement that every call in the API be
      > that way [smz: an element of an RSS 2.0 <item>.] I guess that's the
      > answer to the question you're asking.

      I realize that this was a pre-RFC, but I think Roger brings up a good
      point. It sounds to me like as a matter of policy, new methods should
      include commentary on how they are related to, or represented by, RSS
      2.0 elements or extensions.

      </delurk>

      --smz

    • Lavandowska
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2003
        --- Dave Winer <dave@...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the explanation. In the future it would be good to provide
        > the background with the question.

        I knew what he was getting at right off.

        > Actually the connection to RSS 2.0 wasn't initially part of the
        > design of the MetaWeblog API, there was a moment when I realized that
        > what I was designing was basically a re-invention of the RSS 2.0
        > <item> so I decided to see if it would work to just use RSS 2.0 to
        > define the struct, and happily, it did.
        >
        > But there's certainly no requirement that every call in the API be
        > that way. I guess that's the answer to the question you're asking.

        Goodie, than we can have the User Management calls that Rogers
        Cadenhead proposed? ;-)

        Lance

        http://search.yahoo.com