Re: [Messianic_Apologetic] Bethulah defined in the Mishnah

  • Jovial
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2001
      That's a great find there on Joseph - yep, Joel could be talking about betrothed women.

      So if Bethulah means virgin, then we have to conclude that the Mishnah is wrong.  I guess either way, the Anti-Missionary loses ground if you raise this issue.  Either bethullah is not a virgin, in which case you're left to wonder what word is and search towards almah instead.  Or, The Anti-Missionary must be forced to admit that the Talmud is wrong about something!!!

      Now I'm not anti-Talmud, and it's a great book to learn some issues from, but it does blaspheme Y'shua so you certainly can't take everything it says as authoritative.  If the Anti-Missionary can't agree with everything in it in order to defend his position, well, he just might have to think for himself for once.

      Shalom, Joe