Genesis

  • Schmuel
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 1999
      Shalom,

      Welcome ! to our "New and First" Messianic_Apologetic List members

      ElKira@...

      tabolstad@...

      ******************************** LIST DESCRIPTION **************
      Is Yahshua (Jesus) the Messiah of the Tenakh (Old Testament) ?
      Dialog on the traditional rabbinical viewpoints, prophetic fulfillment,
      typology, and similar questions on all sides of these issues.
      Moderated for respectful dialog only. Expect to give proper scriptural
      and scholarly citation and quotes for your assertions.
      If you are a know-it-all, find another list :-)
      ********

      First, let me introduce myself (and offer apologies on being slow
      on starting up the list )

      My Nom de Net is Schmuel, and I have been active the last year and
      few months on
      a few of the Email Forums...
      I hope to have a mildly activist yet gentle moderation hand on the
      discussions, and your feedback will be greatly appreciated....

      In order to *not* dominate this list with people I have conversed
      with on other forums,
      I have not posted this list on other lists, I would like it to grow more
      from word of mouth
      and curious seekers.. ( I will hand-invite some that have a history of
      *excellent posting*)

      Similarly, though I have some topics that are, imho, worthy of
      discourse, I will
      defer to the new members, and only raise my own issues as seems very
      appropriate.

      This board is not looking for active disputation on Sabbath,
      encouraging either
      *no* posting, or *at most* limited to friendship, scriptures, and
      exhortations...

      Your views and thoughts on this are appreciated (yes if you are
      Australian, we
      will take your time zone differences into consideration :-)

      Please gentlemen, start your scriptural engines ... <rooommm ruummmm>

      Feel free to introduce yourselves a bit... and/or to comment on...

      Is Yahshua (Jesus) the Messiah of the Tenakh (Old Testament) ?

      Schmuel
      ICQ #12840631
      schmuel@...
    • bvbn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2002
        Is everyone still interrested in the Genesis Midrash? After my last couple
        of suggestions I havent heard any more on it. The only thing I'm waiting for
        is the first six verses to be posted with the Hebrew and strongs numbers.
        The first couple of verses were offered and I accept them but maybe he was
        left with the impression not everyone was happy with it. Maybe everyone is
        just busy, if you want to wait let me know. I just need the next 4 verses.

        The only thing I will add to maybe get the discussion going again is that I
        find it interresting that the Hebrew word for Light is different from the
        one used on the fourth day. That one (4th day) represents a body like the
        sun when the first one means "Illumination" and can be literal or
        figurative. Much of the words chosen in Genesis can be taken either literal
        or figurative. I believe this is on purpose because it is both, it is
        telling two stories, neither of which contradict the other.
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
          Hi guys, just to let anyone who was previously interrested know, I am
          unsubscribing from the group so the participation I had planned for the
          Genesis discussion is canceled on my part. The forum moves too slow and is
          too limited for my needs and I sent an email to see if everyone was still
          interrested and it went unanswered. Good luck and Shalom, thanks for your
          company. :)

          victoria

          (moderators note)

          Your very welcome Victoria, and will be missed if you unsub...

          Methinks the view that "the forum moves too slow and is too limited"
          is NOT one that everyone will share, I for one, need more time to
          keep up properly on what is going on... the Genesis discussion may
          have gotten slightly swamped, and I know that Becky is trying to
          find time to keep a good flow in all the diverse threads, and I
          am trying to properly set up at least a secondary forum..

          I can't help thinking with all this effort, that a plaint that
          "the forum moves too slow" has to be given a :-), a little laugh
          and perhaps a

          "no good deed goes unpunished" (with a smile).

          Abe Lincoln's quote comes to mind too..

          "You can give all of the people a happy email forum some of the time,
          and some of the posters a happy email forum all of the time...
          but you CAN'T give ALL of the readers a happy email forum ALL of the time"