Star Wars: The Untold Tale Premiere

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2006
      Last night I was lucky enough to attend the premiere of an amateur,
      feature-length Star Wars fan film at Village Cinemas in Geelong. The
      film titled "The Untold Tale" tells the story of young Jedi apprentice
      and his friend set out to unravel the mystery of a mysterious pod
      crash deep in the forests near their home. Overall, Rob Baard the
      Director/producer and star of the picture has done an excellent job in
      creating an epic-sized adventure with the usual budgetary constraints
      that plague all of us low budget/independent filmmakers out there.
      The overall production was a LOT of fun and there were moments when it
      felt pretty close to the real thing. Rob's passion for movies is
      evident throughout the film. In the making for 5yrs, this film really
      tells the story of one mans vision to make the impossible, possible.
      I'd say `The Untold Tale" has definitely raised the bar for future fan
      films. I'm looking forward to seeing more films from Rob. A
      commendable effort all around. Thumbs up.

      Andrew Merkelbach
      Merkelbach Films