Children of the Revolution - Released! 27/12/05

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2005

      Children of the Revolution has now been released. The story can be ordered directly from Altered Vistas here: http://www.alteredvistas.co.uk/

      The film is presented on two VCD disks and includes short films about the Blackpool and Brighton Doctor Who Exhibitions, along with exclusive bonus material kindly supplied by Lee Sullivan, the artist on the original poll-topping Doctor Who Magazine comic strip.

      There is quite a buzz surrounding the project at the moment – this is what some people have said about Andrew Merkelbach's performance as the 8th Doctor…

       "Blimey. And flipping 'eck too!" Lee Sullivan

      "Andrew Merkelbach's Paul McGann voice is a thing to be proud of." Richard Dadd

      "Stuart should seriously consider doing more of these DWM (Doctor Who Magazine) adaptations, as they show that his skills can be equally well deployed somewhere other than Skaro and still make something that's enjoyably watchable. Particularly when he has an excellent soundalike for Paul McGann in Andrew Merkelbach!" Bryan McCormack

      "Andrew Merkelbach... well at times he was so close I thought you had got Paul. Well done that man." Roger AKA Black Dalek

      Andrew Merkelbach had the following to say, after seeing the completed project…

      Wow! Children of the Revolution is quite a cinematic experience. The CGI is top notch and overall the production has a very professional/polished feel. It was great to see my lines actually coming out of the 8th Doctor's mouth (per say) and it was wonderful to hear his witty banter with the other characters (especially with Otago). Praise must be given to my co-stars: Anola Chase, Richard Dadd, Anne Lister and, of course, the very talented Stuart Palmer (love the Dalek voices, mate)!

      The thousands of Daleks, revealed to the Doctor by Alpha in the catacombs of episode 3 is a visual masterpiece sure to rival the Dalek space fleet in The Parting of Ways. Stuart has done a marvelous job adapting this excellent comic and the epic scale of the production is nothing short of breathtaking.

      Even though I didn't get the gig as Doctor 10 earlier this year, I can honestly say that when I watching this film, it almost felt like I had actually taken part in an official BBC Doctor Who adventure! That's a testament to just how good it is! Who knows? Maybe this might help to get me the role as Doctor 11...?

      Merkelbach Films Team