News Update 05-10-05

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Filming has officially wrapped up on Merkelbach Films latest
      production "Red". Film critic and Moviehole webmaster, Clint Morris
      recorded a special cameo today for the new feature-length film
      project - further detals below.

      Andrew Merkelbach was very pleased with Clint's performance and
      enjoyed sharing stories with the media personality.

      Although the full title (and details) of film were to be withheld
      online until early next year, word has broken out across the media
      and the project has now been revealed.

      Full details appear below (adapted from the press release and
      various media sources):

      Merkelbach Films is proud to announce production of the new
      Australian sci-fi movie, Red, from acclaimed Dr Who writer Dale
      Smith.

      Filmmaker Andrew Merkelbach, who Panini Comics deem `the next Peter
      Jackson', has internationally garnered quite a following for co-
      starring in and directing a series of Dr Who-inspired short films
      called The Traveller.

      Red transfers the character of The Traveller (played once again by
      Merkelbach), a cluey entrepreneur transported to different locales
      that are welcomingly overrun by evil, to a much bigger canvas — the
      feature film.

      The movie has been filming on the Victorian Coast since early 2005,
      and is set to premiere theatrically in February 2006.

      'We've got a good little ensemble here', says Merkelbach. 'There are
      a couple of special appearances in here too, including Clint Morris,
      the film critic, who's really amusing. I'm hoping that gets me a
      good review', he laughs `We've got such a big fan base now that
      we've got no choice but to make something as solid as steel'.

      For a full press release, please visit the following link:

      Inside Film Magazine:
      http://www.if.com.au/press/2005/09/28.html#item11108

      Note: Merkelbach Films is not responsible for content on external
      sites

      Merkelbach Films Team