"Curse Of The Del Garria" - Moviehole News Story 30/4/04

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      Source:
      http://www.moviehole.net/news/3595.html

      Clints Bits - 30/4/04

      Posted on Fri, 30-Apr-2004

      Never been much of a fan of "Dr Who". Whilst my little buddies were
      watching the telephone-using time traveller, I'd be more likely to
      be re-enacting a WWE match from the night before with Bobba Fett and
      Wicket as the opponents. Hey, I was young. Like 21 or something.
      Anyway, Aussie filmmaker Andrew Merkelbach is a mammoth "Dr Who" fan
      and it show's in his short films. Called "Traveller", his short
      flick's centre on an astute time-travelling professor type (played
      by Merkelbach himself) who, along with his pretty cohort, Jenny,
      jump from portal to portal. Merkelbach sent me his latest short
      film, "Curse of the Del Garria", for a looksee. Must say, though
      it's not quite Lucas, Spielberg, even Bob Clark (for the uninitiated
      he directed "Baby Geniuses 2" and "The Karate Dog")…it's well-done.
      The guy could be on his way. For more info on Merkelbach's
      productions, drop by his Yahoo! Site. Ok mate, there's your plug,
      make sure I'm written in to play the villain in your next flick.
      Nothing's for free these days. Ha Ha. Seriously, good on anyone who
      gets out there with a limited budget, lens and has a go.

      Thanks to Clint Morris.