Re: [M-CG] costume workshop

  • Susan Farmer
    Message 1 of 45 , May 29, 2012
      On 5/29/2012 11:54 AM, GabbySCA@... wrote:
      > Leda,
      >
      > Tell us more about the free space you have available. Would we have access
      > during the semester, or only during breaks? What are the local
      > accommodations?
      >
      > And to everyone, what kinds of costume workshops would you like to see? A
      > day devoted to one time period, with multiple classes focusing on that
      > time?(viking tunics, viking accessories, viking jewelry) Or a day devoted to one
      > type of clothing (say, shoes, or underwear, or embroidery) with each class
      > focusing on a topic within that theme? Or one whole day to do one thing--build
      > a corset, fit a 14th century gown, make hosen?

      I want to learn how to draft patterns.

      Jerusha
      --
      Susan Farmer
      sfarmer@...
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 19, 2012
        Thanks for the link, I enjoyed the pics! You did a great job, your channels look fantastic. Kudos on surging the edges of your pattern pieces. All the messing about with the cord does make the fabric fray. I get lazy and cut my pieces an inch bigger all around & then cut the messy bits off when Im finished cording(lol). I can show you a trick to get your channels tighter & the process is very fast. Private message me the next time you are going to Depedale's fighter practice & I'll come show you. Sorry you will miss the class. We're going to make buttonholes & eyelets!

        Leda