Welcome!

  • Cat Lawler
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 5:30 PM
      I started this group so that Mercer Law School's Class of 2008 could
      meet each other and network before classes start! If this group takes
      off the ground, then maybe we can schedule get-togethers in August. I
      met wonderful people at the Woodruff Scholarship Week - I hope to
      continute those friendships and meet other students. Please pass the
      link onto your friends.

      A little about myself: I'm going to graduate from Oglethorpe
      University in two weeks (eek!). I'll have a bachelor's in English
      Literature and Urban Leadership. I'm going to miss living in a big
      city -- but Macon will be so much more convenient and stress-free.
      I'm not sure what kind of law I want to focus on, but it will
      probably be civil rights or public interest. I'll be in Atlanta and
      Rome, GA during the summer if anyone lives close enough to hang out.

      I was wondering what people were doing about where to live in Macon.
      Does anyone have any suggestions?

      I look forward to meeting you all!

      ~ Cat Lawler
      CatLawler@...
    • quent4321
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 25 3:38 PM
        Hey, Cat what do you think about planning a BBQ at Central City Park
        in July for all known class 08? I live here in Macon so it would not
        be difficult for me to help organize. Eric, would you be willing to
        help plan it? Let me know?

        -Quentin

        --- In MercerLaw2008@yahoogroups.com, "Cat Lawler" <CatL26@a...>

      • CatL26@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 25 6:22 PM
          Thanks for the great idea Quentin. I think a BBQ sounds great -- but I probably won't be moving into my apartment until August. I'd be more than happy to help plan one then.

          Catherine Lawler
          Senior Class President
          Oglethorpe University
          c.lawler@...
          (404) 504-1960
        • Kim Collins
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2005
            Hi Everyone

            Cat, thank you for putting this Message Group together. I'm very
            excited about starting school in August. The entire experience is
            going to be a huge adjustment for my husband and me.

            We currently live in California and will be moving to Georgia at the
            end of July. We have family in Macon, but may be moving closer to
            Atlanta to accommodate my husband's work.

            ...a little about myself... I graduated with a BA in Liberal Studies
            with a minor in Spanish in '98; graduated with a MA in Organizational
            Management in '04; and have been working fulltime for the past 7
            years. This will be the first time I'll be focusing 100% of my
            attention on my studies. I'm a little nervous about adjusting from
            full-time work to full-time school...

            A pre-semester BBQ is a great idea too! If you can hold out until the
            first weekend in August, you can count me in.

            Kim