31Re: [MercerLaw2008] Date established & Location Caveats

  • Eric L. Trivett
    Jul 14, 2005
      This sounds great!  Thanks, Quentin, for doing the grunt work of putting all of this together for us.

      I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.  Feel free to get in touch with me if I can do anything to help any of you, as I did my undergraduate work at Mercer and am familiar with Macon.

      Eric Trivett
      678-687-2493 Cell

      quent4321 <quent4321@...> wrote:
      Ok it is offical, August 6th. Now lets get the location and time
      squared away. I'm still offering my home as the locale. I think most
      were in agreement with that. Let me know? If we do have it at my home
      we'll need to plan it for early afternoon around 12:30 or 1:00 and
      we'll run until dusk when the really nasty mosquitos come out. I live
      in a fairly quite neithborhood so we would have to keep the music to
      a minimal bump level. Lastly, I am not forbiding alcohol but after
      speaking with Marylin Sutton (Dean of Admissions) and Dean Donovan
      there could be liablity issues with druken pre-1Ls at my home. Not to
      mention the life and career altering situations that could arise from
      abuse (See hypo sent by the Ethics Chair for orientation, poor Matt).
      None of us are children so, I am asking that we drink resposibly and
      at a minimum. This will truly be a time to kick back and get to know
      our class.

      Moving forward, we'll need to come up with a list of suggested items
      for us to bring. We can handle the provisions pseudo-potluck style I
      suppose, you bring it we Q it.

      Our time is drawing near.

      Holla Back,

      Que.