Hello everyone, For all those who say that basic principles of mental calculation (such as checking a possible result by modulo calculation) are meaninglessralf_laue
Hi Chris, As a rule thumb, I would follow the same method, but work to 2sf more than the requisite answer, so as to avoid rounding errors. So in this instancerobertshaw_andy
Hi all, Is the best way of doing an approximate multiplication such as 82.759 * 101.34 * 479.12 to 5 s.f. simply to do the whole thing then truncate theyiffysimba
* advanced mental calculation tasks (like extracting roots or multiplying big numbers)
* books about mental calculating
* competitions, achievements and records for mental calculations
* teaching mental calculation at school
* useful computer programs
* using the abacus / soroban
Beginners' questions are welcome, but do not expect to get the solution for your homework here.
- Oct 8, 2002
- This is a public group.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.