Re: Memoriad

  • bertocoto
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2008
      Hi Jan, Hi all:

      This is very important for me, in my opinion as Leipzig is good and
      correct in all categories: addition, multiplication, calendar and
      square roots.
      Results of the calculations into the computer would be very very bad.
      I need to know about it, too.

      Best wishes

      --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, "Jan van Koningsveld"
      <jan.van.koningsveld@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > has anyone registered for the memoriad in Istanbul yet ? What do you
      think about it ? Do you know that they want us to give the results of
      the calculations into the computer and not write it down (this fact is
      not officially mentioned anywhere, the rules just say that it is the
      same way as in Leipzig, which is not true !). I was told for example
      that for the calender calculations you have to click on the day of the
      week you calculated, you see just one date at a time and seem to have
      no chance to correct your answer. It slows you down unneccessarily and
      leads you to unforced errors. While it might be ok for the square
      roots, it is very distracting to use the keyboard while multiplying or
      adding. I am very unhappy with this situation and because of this have
      not registered yet.