World Record Holder

  • Frank Chin
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
      Dear All,
      Please look at these:-
      Breaking the World Record of calculating 100 numbers in 18.8 second by a Hong Kong boy using Shi Fengshou method http://v.blog.sohu.com/u/vw/491799
      Mental Calculating in group using Shi Fengshou method http://v.blog.sohu.com/u/vw/784986
      Regards
      Frank Chin

    • Albert Xu
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
        This methond is amazing. It gave my impression that this method is based on
        Abacus but now it seems it's based on fingers?

        Albert Xu

        2008/6/3, Frank Chin <fongkeechin@...>:

        > Dear All,
        > Please look at these:-
        > Breaking the World Record of calculating 100 numbers in 18.8 second by a
        > Hong Kong boy using Shi Fengshou method http://v.blog.sohu.com/u/vw/491799
        > Mental Calculating in group using Shi Fengshou method
        > http://v.blog.sohu.com/u/vw/784986
        > Regards
        > Frank Chin

        Albert Xu
        skype: Xu_Tianwei
        MSN: Xu_tianwei@...
        tel: +86-13530099542

      • Frank Chin
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 3, 2008
          Yes, this method is based on Shi FengShou fingering method, which is one of the methods invented by Professor Shi Fengshou, a great mental mathematician in China, a national hero figure. His other methods include sight-seeing method and mental Abacus method. It is a pity that none of his students or he himself take part in this year Mental Calculation World Cup Competition.
          Frank Chin

          2008/6/3, Frank Chin <fongkeechin@ yahoo.co. uk>:

          > Dear All,
          > Please look at these:-
          > Breaking the World Record of calculating 100 numbers in 18.8 second by a
          > Hong Kong boy using Shi Fengshou method http://v.blog sohu.com/ u/vw/491799
          > Mental Calculating in group using Shi Fengshou method
          > http://v.blog sohu.com/ u/vw/784986
          > Regards
          > Frank Chin

          > Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
          > A Smarter Email http://uk.docs yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

          Albert Xu
          skype: Xu_Tianwei
          MSN: Xu_tianwei@hotmail. com
          tel: +86-13530099542

        • peter.hintz
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
            Hello,

            where can I find information on Shi Fenshou's method? It seems to be
            really great!

            Best wishes,
            Peter Hintz

            --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, Frank Chin
            <fongkeechin@...> wrote:

            > Yes, this method is based on Shi FengShou fingering method, which
            is one of the methods invented by Professor Shi Fengshou, a great
            mental mathematician in China, a national hero figure. His other
            methods include sight-seeing method and mental Abacus method. It is
            a pity that none of his students or he himself take part in this year
            Mental Calculation World Cup Competition.
            > Frank Chin

          • Frank Chin
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
              Try this http://shifengshou.com/index.htm%c2%a0and click on the 'English'.
              If you can read mandarin, there are:-
              http://tag.blog.sohu.com/%CA%B7%B7%E1%CA%D5/
              http://hnsrc.blog.sohu.com/73469488.html
              http://wangzai-blog.blog.sohu.com/53998063.html
              I also have a book by Shi Fengshou, that is how I get to know about his method. But it is in mandarin.

              Regards
              Frank Chin

              >Hello,
              >
              >where can I find information on Shi Fenshou's method? It seems to be
              >really great!
              >
              >Best wishes,
              >Peter Hintz

            • JohnLouis Louis
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 5, 2008
                wow, that is great even multiplying by 2. But the informations are incomplete. Could you plz give all "the 26 carrying rules" in english? I am inspired to learn the method as well.

                Thanks in advance.

                John Louis

                I also have a book by Shi Fengshou, that is how I get to know about his method. But it is in mandarin.

                Regards
                Frank Chin

                >Hello,
                >
                >where can I find information on Shi Fenshou's method? It seems to be
                >really great!
                >
                >Best wishes,
                >Peter Hintz

                Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
                A Smarter Email http://uk.docs. yahoo.com/ nowyoucan. html

                Connect with friends all over the world. Get Yahoo! India Messenger at http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/?wm=n/
              • Frank Chin
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 24, 2008
                  Dear John,
                  I have been trying to contact Mr. Shi Feng Shou to seek his permission to discuss his method in the forum but my emails are returned. I felt a bit uneasy without his expressed consent.
                  Regards
                  Frank Chin

                  wow, that is great even multiplying by 2. But the informations are incomplete. Could you plz give all "the 26 carrying rules" in english? I am inspired to learn the method as well.

                  Thanks in advance.

                  John Louis

                  .

                • Albert Xu
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 25, 2008
                    Hi Frank,

                    I may try to contact Prof Shi as I lived in Shenzhen as well. I had tried to
                    call the number listed in his website but no one answers. I will the next
                    day.

                    Albert Xu

                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 25, 2008
                        Thanks Albert. Hope you could get him and his permission. I am eager to learn his methods.

                        John Louis

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 25, 2008
                          Hi All,

                          I got a bad news. I called today and the person said that Prof Shi had
                          retired and did not work in his company any more. I then called his home
                          number but there is nobody answers. The Person said that Prof Shi had not
                          involved in any promotion work for 2 years. I am doubtful of this word. It
                          seems Prof Shi is still active seeming from the video provided by Frank
                          Chin.

                          My opnion is that we can discuss his method, but we can't invite him to join
                          us since he speaks no English.

                          Wish you guys do well in Germany.
                          Albert Xu

                          2008/6/25, JohnLouis Louis <pjlmem@...>:

                          > Thanks Albert. Hope you could get him and his permission. I am eager to
                          > learn his methods.
                          >
                          > John Louis
                          >
                          > --- On Wed, 25/6/08, Albert Xu <xutianwei@...<xutianwei%40gmail.com>>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: Albert Xu <xutianwei@... <xutianwei%40gmail.com>>
                          > Subject: [Mental Calculation] World Record Holder
                          > To: MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com<MentalCalculation%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > Date: Wednesday, 25 June, 2008, 2:13 PM
                          >
                          > Hi Frank,
                          >
                          > I may try to contact Prof Shi as I lived in Shenzhen as well. I had tried
                          > call the number listed in his website but no one answers. I will the next
                          > day.
                          >
                          > Albert Xu

                          Albert Xu
                          skype: Xu_Tianwei