RE : [Mental Calculation] cubic fives

  • Emmanuël DUBRULLE
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2007
      Yes indeed , I made a big mistake :-)
      Emmanuël

      -----Message d'origine-----
      De : MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com] De la part de A.W.A.P. Bouman
      Envoyé : mardi 25 décembre 2007 14:46
      À : MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com
      Objet : Re: [Mental Calculation] cubic fives

      Dear Emmanuël,

      I fear there is a misunderstanding: Gert and I found a solution, about
      which we wrote. This solution concerns integer roots. I think you made
      akind of mistake with your number. If you take 857. 375 and multiply by
      8, you get 6.859.000, and the cubic root of is is 190/2=95.

      Robert Fountain made the same suggestion. What we wanted is a "direct
      solution" and we still think having found one. We do not pretend having
      found the only solution and if someone else has another or even better
      idea, we would greatly welcome it.

      Regards,

      Willem Bouman

      De : MentalCalculation@ <mailto:MentalCalculation%40yahoogroups.com>