Willem Bouman

  • javiergijn
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hello to everybody .

      Mr Bouman , i have a curiosity , maybe trivial . Do you SEE , HEAR
      numbers or BOTH while your are doing a calculation?

      Thanks in advance.

      Javier.
    • awapbouman
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 2, 2007
        Dear Mr. Javier,

        Looking at your name I presume you are Spanish. My Spanish is too bad
        to answer in it ("muchos manos hacen el trabajo facile") , so my
        answer is in English.

        To start with: at times I read interviews, I see people on TV with
        the most bizar - in my opinion - theories and explanations.
        Unfortunately I am not so gifted that I see colours, hear sounds, or
        whatsoever. I only see an excersize on which my auditory expects a
        correct and quick answer. The tools I use are my talent in
        combination with strict logics and nothing else.

        I hope my answer does not disappoint you.

        Kindest reagrds,

        Willewm Bouman

        --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, "javiergijn"
        <fabesconalmejes@...> wrote:

        > Hello to everybody .
        >
        > Mr Bouman , i have a curiosity , maybe trivial . Do you SEE , HEAR
        > numbers or BOTH while your are doing a calculation?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > Javier.

      • javiergijn
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2007
          Dear Bouman ,
          You correctly guessed my country !!!.
          Of course , i understand what you mean when you write about TV.
          But , i wasn´t thinking about ´synesthesia´ or something similar.
          Some calculators seems to avoid their own ´internal voice ´,some
          others not , and i wonder if S.B.Smith´s classification its so
          simple ---------> visual / auditive.

          Your answer does not disappoint me.

          Best wishes.
          Javier.

          --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, "awapbouman"
          <awap.bouman@...> wrote:

          > Dear Mr. Javier,
          >
          > Looking at your name I presume you are Spanish. My Spanish is too
          bad
          > to answer in it ("muchos manos hacen el trabajo facile") , so my
          > answer is in English.
          >
          > To start with: at times I read interviews, I see people on TV with
          > the most bizar - in my opinion - theories and explanations.
          > Unfortunately I am not so gifted that I see colours, hear sounds,
          or
          > whatsoever. I only see an excersize on which my auditory expects a
          > correct and quick answer. The tools I use are my talent in
          > combination with strict logics and nothing else.
          >
          > I hope my answer does not disappoint you.
          >
          > Kindest reagrds,
          >
          > Willewm Bouman
          >

          > --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, "javiergijn"
          > <fabesconalmejes@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello to everybody .
          > >
          > > Mr Bouman , i have a curiosity , maybe trivial . Do you SEE ,
          HEAR
          > > numbers or BOTH while your are doing a calculation?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > Javier.

        • Oleg Stepanov
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2007
            j> i wonder if S.B.Smith´s classification its so simple -------> visual / auditive.
            Classification visual vs. auditive from Binet.

            Sincerely Yours, Oleg Stepanov.
            http://stepanov.lk.net/