New Calendar Records

  • Ralf Laue
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hello,

      I wish all the best for 2006 to all of you. I hope that many of us will
      meet at the Mental Calculation World Cup in November in Giessen (see
      http://www.recordholders.org/en/events/worldcup/2006/index.html). It
      would be nice to send back the entry form if you have the intention to
      take part.

      It is a pleasure for me to announce that new world records have been
      verified for all three calendar computing categories. (see
      http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/dates.html) These records will
      be published in the "Book of Alternative Records"
      (http://www.alternativerecords.co.uk) as well.
      Yusnier Viera Romero (Cuba) bettered the record for calculating the day
      of the week for dates of one century twice on 31 October 2005 at the
      University of Havana. He first achieved 23.2 sec and 19.8 sec in another
      attempt. On the same occasion, he calculated 42 days of the week in one
      minute for days chosen from the years 1600-2100.
      Only a few days later, on 6 November, Matthias Kesselschläger got back
      his world records with a time of 17.9 seconds (20 days from one century)
      and 45 dates from 1600-2100. Also, he set a record for the 365 days of
      2005 in 214 seconds only.

      I am looking forward to see the contest between Yusnier and Matthias at
      the World Cup, both told me that they want to take part.

      Best Wishes,
      Ralf
    • issam khneisser
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 16, 2006
        Emmanuel/DATA <emmanuel_dubrulle@...> wrote
        1676, February 23
        16 from 18 gives "2"
        76 is 6 dozen and 4, giving 10; plus 1 gives 11, i.e. "4".
        Total "6"
        The item for February is "3". Total 9, i.e. "2"
        23 gives "2". Total "4"
        Correction for Leap Year gives "3". Answer, "Wednesday"

        Dear Emmanuel

        I am not sur that 1676 february 23 is a wednesday

        Please review your method

        best regards

        Issam KHNEISSER