Re: [Mental Calculation] New World Record for adding ten 10-digit numbers

  • rob1729
    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 14, 2005
      --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, Divesh Shah
      <mathsshow@y...> wrote:

      > congrats
      > remember me
      > i am so glad that you can do it so fast
      > hope to see you soon
      > divesh shah
      >
      > --- alberto coto <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi everybody:
      > >
      > > This is a good new for me. Ten 10-digit numbers in
      > > 5 min 36 seconds is very easy . I think I could do
      > > it in less than 4. 30.
      > >
      > > Best wishes.
      > >
      > > Alberto Coto

      I hope Alberto will not mind me posting this link:
      http://www.xtec.es/centres/a8019411/video_acoto.htm

      The addition performed by Alberto in the film bears an uncanny
      resemblance to a demonstration given to me by Divesh in Annaberg -
      in number of digits, speed and sound effects. I think 'Coto versus
      Shah' would make a great spectacle.

      Rob F
    • alberto coto
      Message 2 of 25 , Jul 18, 2005
        HI again :

        I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

        Best wishes.

        alberto

        Ralf Laue <info@...> escribió:
        Hello,

        it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
        documentation about a new world record which is now verified:

        Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the type "adding
        ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
        (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).

        An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits to
        solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-digit
        numbers.

        I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and of
        course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)

        Ralf
        Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
        I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
        Ralf Laue e-mail: info@...
        P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
        04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
        Germany

        ---------------------------------

      • mnempi
        Message 3 of 25 , Jul 19, 2005
          >>World Records only in Championships<<

          I understand that every result in Championship could constitute a
          World Record.
          On the other hand: If an attempt outside of Championship is announced
          in advance and is made in a public place (so that you have a chance
          to go amd watch it) and takes place under due control equivalent to
          Championship (like e.g. Alexis Lemaire seems to have done
          recently):How can you not recognize the result?
          Ulrich

          --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, alberto coto
          <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
          > HI again :
          >
          > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
          know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the
          Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

          > Best wishes.
          >
          > alberto
          >
          > Ralf Laue <info@r...> escribi¡¦
          > Hello,
          >
          > it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
          > documentation about a new world record which is now verified:
          >
          > Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the
          type "adding
          > ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
          > (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).
          >
          > An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits
          > solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-
          digit
          > numbers.
          >
          > I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and
          of
          > course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)
          >
          > Ralf
          > --

          > Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
          > I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
          > Ralf Laue e-mail: info@r...
          > P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
          > 04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
          > Germany

          Service.

          > ---------------------------------

        • ralf_laue
          Message 4 of 25 , Jul 19, 2005
            wrote:
            > HI again :
            >
            > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
            know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup

            Jorge Mendoza Huertas told me that he is interested in coming to the
            next World Cup which is good news.

            I think that everyone will agree that times achieved in championships
            are more valueable. However, it is good for popularisation of MC to
            allow record attempts in TV, at universities etc. (Remember that some
            of your own Guinness records have been achieved in TV shows, which is
            very good for the mental calculation community.)
            The important point that everything is well documented and controlled
            which was the case for Jorge.

            Best Wishes,
            Ralf
          • alberto coto
            Message 5 of 25 , Jul 19, 2005
              Hi Ulrich:

              I am agree with you, if the Records are public and the documentation is good, ok to the Record. But only with a great control, because documentation not true is easy too.

              Best wishes.

              <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
              > HI again :
              >
              > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
              know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the
              Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

              > Best wishes.
              >
              > alberto
              >
              > Ralf Laue <info@r...> escribi¡¦
              > Hello,
              >
              > it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
              > documentation about a new world record which is now verified:
              >
              > Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the
              type "adding
              > ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
              > (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).
              >
              > An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits
              > solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-
              digit
              > numbers.
              >
              > I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and
              of
              > course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)
              >
              > Ralf
              > --

              > Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
              > I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
              > Ralf Laue e-mail: info@r...
              > P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
              > 04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
              > Germany

              Service.

              > ---------------------------------

              ---------------------------------

            • JohnLouis Louis
              Message 6 of 25 , Jul 19, 2005
                Anything not done in any official event may be considered as UNOFFICIAL WORLD RECORD. A seperate ranking can be maintained for this.
                Have fun!

                wrote:
                > HI again :
                >
                > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
                know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the
                Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

                > Best wishes.
                >
                > alberto
                >
                > Ralf Laue escribi¡¦
                > Hello,
                >
                > it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
                > documentation about a new world record which is now verified:
                >
                > Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the
                type "adding
                > ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
                > (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).
                >
                > An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits
                > solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-
                digit
                > numbers.
                >
                > I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and
                of
                > course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)
                >
                > Ralf
                > --

                > Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
                > I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
                > Ralf Laue e-mail: info@r...
                > P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
                > 04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
                > Germany

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

                ---------------------------------

                Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Jan van Koningsveld
                Message 7 of 25 , Jul 20, 2005
                  Maybe it would be a good thing to keep "championship records", the way it's done e.g. in athletics. Just a thought.

                  Regards
                  Jan

                  <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
                  > HI again :
                  >
                  > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
                  know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the
                  Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

                  > Best wishes.
                  >
                  > alberto
                  >
                  > Ralf Laue <info@r...> escribi¡¦
                  > Hello,
                  >
                  > it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
                  > documentation about a new world record which is now verified:
                  >
                  > Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the
                  type "adding
                  > ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
                  > (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).
                  >
                  > An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits
                  > solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-
                  digit
                  > numbers.
                  >
                  > I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and
                  of
                  > course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)
                  >
                  > Ralf
                  > --

                  > Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
                  > I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
                  > Ralf Laue e-mail: info@r...
                  > P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
                  > 04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
                  > Germany

                  Service.

                  > ---------------------------------

                  ---------------------------------

                • Arun Mangal
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jul 20, 2005
                    Hello Everyone !
                    Of course , Every record must not only be justified but also be varified !
                    Regards
                    Arun Mangal
                    India
                    www.humancalender.com

                    <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
                    > HI again :
                    >
                    > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
                    know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup, because the
                    Records not in Championship ... ????? for me.

                    > Best wishes.
                    >
                    > alberto
                    >
                    > Ralf Laue <info@r...> escribi¡¦
                    > Hello,
                    >
                    > it is a pleasure for me to announce that I have received the
                    > documentation about a new world record which is now verified:
                    >
                    > Jorge Arturo Mendoza Huerta (Peru) solved ten tasks of the
                    type "adding
                    > ten 10-digit numbers" within 5:36 min, beating Alberto Coto's time
                    > (5:50 min at the World Cup 2004).
                    >
                    > An interesting point is that Jorge Arturo used blocks of two digits
                    > solve the additions, i.e. in fact he did five additions of ten 2-
                    digit
                    > numbers.
                    >
                    > I am looking forward to meet him at the MC World Cup next year (and
                    of
                    > course I am looking forward to meet all others as well.)
                    >
                    > Ralf
                    > --

                    > Please excuse me for a delay in replying to your e-mail.
                    > I have a lot of e-mail to answer day by day.
                    > Ralf Laue e-mail: info@r...
                    > P. O. Box 80 Visit my Homepage about unusual world records:
                    > 04181 Leipzig http://www.recordholders.org/en/
                    > Germany

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                    ---------------------------------

                    Service.

                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • alberto coto
                    Message 9 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                      Hi Ralf, Hi everybody.

                      Yesterday I received an email about a new great mental calculator: Facundo Pelitos, from Andalucía (the South of Spain).

                      Mr Pelitos told me that he multiplied two eight digit numbers in only 27 seconds !!!!
                      He has press cut and a video, because his record was in a TV Show.

                      I have a lot of e-mails about people what stablish new Records (My records are old), but the Record of Facundo is great for the comunity of Mental Calculators.

                      Best wishes for all.

                      Alberto Coto

                      wrote:
                      > HI again :
                      >
                      > I think that World Records only in Championships. I would like to
                      know to Jorge Mendoza Huertas in the next World Cup

                      Jorge Mendoza Huertas told me that he is interested in coming to the
                      next World Cup which is good news.

                      I think that everyone will agree that times achieved in championships
                      are more valueable. However, it is good for popularisation of MC to
                      allow record attempts in TV, at universities etc. (Remember that some
                      of your own Guinness records have been achieved in TV shows, which is
                      very good for the mental calculation community.)
                      The important point that everything is well documented and controlled
                      which was the case for Jorge.

                      Best Wishes,
                      Ralf

                      ---------------------------------

                    • Emmanuel/DATA
                      Message 10 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                        In my opinion fastest possible might be between 18 and 22 seconds
                        Reckon time to add the partial produits and write the digits;

                        I however notice (in my practice) that sometime mental calculation of the whole task and the writing of the final product is faster than calculating and writing in the same time; this was done for lighter calculations ( 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 digits)

                        His technic is perheaps a bit different and perheaps does he master and possess larger multiplication table (however this is not mandatory)

                        Emmanuël

                        Message 11 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                          --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, Emmanuel/DATA
                          <emmanuel_dubrulle@y...> wrote:
                          > In my opinion fastest possible might be between 18 and 22 seconds

                          Many - possibly hundreds - of Japanese have already gone faster than
                          this. The top experts in mental soroban do their calculations
                          entirely mentally - it is quicker than having to physically look at
                          and manipulate the beads (cf. Emmanuel's comment about his 3x3s and
                          4x4s). This relies on being able to visualise the soroban mentally,
                          which seems to be a by-product of extensive practice using a real
                          soroban. The best Japanese MCs have a mental soroban comprising 16
                          or more rods. Some can even visualise multiple abacuses (abaci?). It
                          is difficult for auditory calculators to appreciate the speed that
                          can be achieved with a visual method like mental soroban (perhaps
                          some secondary motor action in the fingers but no auditory).

                          Japan is a sleeping giant in the world of MC and when it awakes, the
                          impact will be both amazing and depressing. Experts in mental
                          soroban should make a mockery of the (auditory) record lists.

                          I wish some researcher would dispel the myth that auditory
                          calculation is faster than visual calculation. It is true that the
                          famous auditory calculators (Inaudi Bidder Klein) were faster than
                          the famous visual calculators (Diamandi ??) but this is because of
                          other factors - the rubbish visual methods used (cf. the excellent
                          mental soroban method), the amount of practice they did and the age
                          when they began practising, etc.

                          Looking forward to seeing Facundo in action, and also a few mental
                          abacists.

                          Robert

                          > Reckon time to add the partial produits and write the digits;
                          >
                          > I however notice (in my practice) that sometime mental calculation
                          of the whole task and the writing of the final product is faster
                          than calculating and writing in the same time; this was done for
                          lighter calculations ( 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 digits)

                          > His technic is perheaps a bit different and perheaps does he
                          master and possess larger multiplication table (however this is not
                          mandatory)

                          > Emmanuël

                        • George Lane
                          Message 12 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                            Hi folks!

                            The performance is indeed amazing, but Robert's note about the Japanese should also be taken into account. I've not previously heard about their exploits myself, but it certainly seems that they might be set to take over ownership of the MC record books in much the same way as some of the African nations now 'hold sway' over the domain of long distance running.

                            On the subject of records & competitions, the MC World Championship is being held in Manchester on Tuesday August 23rd as part of the 9th annual Mind Sports Olympiad. I already know that some of you are unfortunately not able to make it to the contest this year, but how many of you will be there for the competition? I'll be there, and I'd like to see as many of you as possible. The field is often strong at the top end of the list, let's see if we can assemble a line-up to rival that of last year's World Cup.

                            Regards,

                            George Lane

                            Message 13 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                              --- In MentalCalculation@yahoogroups.com, George Lane
                              <george972453@y...> wrote:

                              Hi George,

                              I'll be there on the 23rd for sure. Already finished my preparations
                              and now recovering in the clouds.

                              Best wishes,
                              Robert

                              > Hi folks!
                              >
                              > The performance is indeed amazing, but Robert's note about the
                              Japanese should also be taken into account. I've not previously
                              heard about their exploits myself, but it certainly seems that they
                              might be set to take over ownership of the MC record books in much
                              the same way as some of the African nations now 'hold sway' over the
                              domain of long distance running.

                              > On the subject of records & competitions, the MC World
                              Championship is being held in Manchester on Tuesday August 23rd as
                              part of the 9th annual Mind Sports Olympiad. I already know that
                              some of you are unfortunately not able to make it to the contest
                              this year, but how many of you will be there for the competition?
                              I'll be there, and I'd like to see as many of you as possible. The
                              field is often strong at the top end of the list, let's see if we
                              can assemble a line-up to rival that of last year's World Cup.

                              > Regards,
                              >
                              > George Lane

                            • Oleg Stepanov
                              Message 14 of 25 , Aug 9, 2005
                                GL> Yesterday I received an email about a new great mental
                                GL> calculator: Facundo Pelitos, from Andalucía (the South of Spain).

                                GL> Mr Pelitos told me that he multiplied two eight digit numbers in only 27 seconds !!!!
                                By writing from right to left?
                                GL> He has press cut and a video, because his record was in a TV Show.
                                You are happy man. Peoples what write to me are very much stupid.
                                Last week I watch show with Nekrasov - man what made Guinness Record by
                                calculate root of big number. Showman find him many years after record
                                and get interview. He is not high intellect man (simple worker on
                                factory), told about record like Shakuntala Devi "I see result inside of
                                brain", of course not one word what can help understand result (number
                                of digits on answer), and his new interests - mind reading - demonstrate
                                that looks like record was fake...

                                Sincerely Yours, Oleg Stepanov.
                                http://users.lk.net/~stepanov/
                              • Emmanuel/DATA
                                Message 15 of 25 , Aug 10, 2005
                                  >I watch show with Nekrasov - man what made Guinness Record by
                                  >calculate root of big number

                                  Oleg , can you tell us more about that ?

                                  What type of root ?

                                  Emmanuël

                                  Oleg Stepanov <olegstepanov@...> a écrit :GL> Yesterday I received an email about a new great mental

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Aug 10, 2005
                                    >>I watch show with Nekrasov - man what made Guinness Record by
                                    >>calculate root of big number

                                    ED> Oleg , can you tell us more about that ?
                                    ED> What type of root ?
                                    Ops. I supposed all know about it...
                                    The task was made highest root. Number has 547 digits, root was 1000.
                                    On 1991 he made it on 61 seconds... It was on Russian Guinness Records Book.
                                    Long time I want get more information about this man. And on show where
                                    I participated too, I see him. On his face possible understand he drink
                                    a lot... And difficult suppose he can multiple on mind 2-digits on
                                    2-digits. I will try made video.

                                    More interesting - published Memories of Michael Kuni. He rolled
                                    decks before Shelushkov. 5 decks on stage. On each visitors write 5
                                    5-digit numbers. All deck began rolling. Kuni looks on decks and
                                    calculate sums. On book a lot of pictures. Good show with calculating.
                                    Probably nobody repeated it on Western World, but I do not suppose this
                                    is difficult.

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Aug 13, 2005
                                      Hi everybody:

                                      In last days I am using in my additions a new techinique for to read numbers. I am adding a hundred digits in less than 17 seconds. And a 10-ten digit numbers in less than 4. 20 minutes. In Annaberg only 5.50 because it went better than one error in 4 minutes, and in Annaberg I did it very slowly.

                                      Multiplication is another question, but I think I could do it in less than 35 seconds (8 x 8).

                                      Best wishes for all.

                                      Alberto
                                      Oleg Stepanov <olegstepanov@...> escribió:
                                      >>I watch show with Nekrasov - man what made Guinness Record by
                                      >>calculate root of big number

                                      ED> Oleg , can you tell us more about that ?
                                      ED> What type of root ?
                                      Ops. I supposed all know about it...
                                      The task was made highest root. Number has 547 digits, root was 1000.
                                      On 1991 he made it on 61 seconds... It was on Russian Guinness Records Book.
                                      Long time I want get more information about this man. And on show where
                                      I participated too, I see him. On his face possible understand he drink
                                      a lot... And difficult suppose he can multiple on mind 2-digits on
                                      2-digits. I will try made video.

                                      More interesting - published Memories of Michael Kuni. He rolled
                                      decks before Shelushkov. 5 decks on stage. On each visitors write 5
                                      5-digit numbers. All deck began rolling. Kuni looks on decks and
                                      calculate sums. On book a lot of pictures. Good show with calculating.
                                      Probably nobody repeated it on Western World, but I do not suppose this
                                      is difficult.

                                      Sincerely Yours, Oleg Stepanov.
                                      http://users.lk.net/~stepanov/

                                      Mathematics and computer science Mathematics Mental Computer programs

                                      ---------------------------------

                                    • issam khneisser
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Aug 13, 2005
                                        Hi everybody,

                                        one attempt shot, as Ralf say, it depend on how difficult this single task is for the competitor.
                                        while practicing i can easily do for extracting square root, like 18.5 second for some tasks appearing very difficult to any jury and the World record is 44.7s. But yet, I did not succeed to do ten in a row all significant numbers right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                        Adopting one single task for record would end for certain time that they are illogic to compute, like answering by luck for an memorised answer due that that random task given was solved few moments ago.

                                        good luck eveybody

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Aug 16, 2005
                                            Hi Jan:

                                            I use a technique of my friend Ramon Campayo, a mnemonist, in Ultrarrapid read.
                                            I am reading the numbers very speed with this method. My head can to add 6 - 7 digits per second.

                                            Best wishes.

                                            Alberto

                                            Jan van Koningsveld <jan.van.koningsveld@...> escribió:
                                            Hi Alberto,

                                            what technique do you use to solve the additions ? Could you explain this a little bit ?

                                            Thank you,

                                            Jan

                                            alberto coto <alcoga34@...> wrote:
                                            Hi everybody:

                                            In last days I am using in my additions a new techinique for to read numbers. I am adding a hundred digits in less than 17 seconds. And a 10-ten digit numbers in less than 4. 20 minutes. In Annaberg only 5.50 because it went better than one error in 4 minutes, and in Annaberg I did it very slowly.

                                            Multiplication is another question, but I think I could do it in less than 35 seconds (8 x 8).

                                            Best wishes for all.

                                            Alberto

                                            Mathematics and computer science Mathematics Mental Computer programs

                                            ---------------------------------

                                          • noonesprefect
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Oct 3, 2005
                                              What technique are using to multiply 8 x 8. This is my first day with
                                              the yahoo group. I am amatuer calculator THANK YOU.

                                              <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
                                              > Hi Jan:
                                              >
                                              > I use a technique of my friend Ramon Campayo, a mnemonist, in
                                              Ultrarrapid read.
                                              > I am reading the numbers very speed with this method. My head can
                                              to add 6 - 7 digits per second.

                                              > Best wishes.
                                              >
                                              > Alberto
                                              >
                                              > Jan van Koningsveld <jan.van.koningsveld@e...> escribió:
                                              > Hi Alberto,
                                              >
                                              > what technique do you use to solve the additions ? Could you
                                              explain this a little bit ?

                                              > Thank you,
                                              >
                                              > Jan
                                              >

                                              > alberto coto <alcoga34@y...> wrote:
                                              > Hi everybody:
                                              >
                                              > In last days I am using in my additions a new techinique for to
                                              read numbers. I am adding a hundred digits in less than 17 seconds.
                                              And a 10-ten digit numbers in less than 4. 20 minutes. In Annaberg
                                              only 5.50 because it went better than one error in 4 minutes, and in
                                              Annaberg I did it very slowly.

                                              > Multiplication is another question, but I think I could do it in
                                              less than 35 seconds (8 x 8).

                                              > Best wishes for all.
                                              >
                                              > Alberto

                                              > Mathematics and computer science Mathematics Mental Computer
                                              programs

                                              Service.

                                              > ---------------------------------

                                            • Emmanuel/DATA
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Oct 4, 2005
                                                Cross multiplications
                                                I describe how to proceed on my webpage (in french)

                                                http://membres.lycos.fr/theandroiddata/dataroom/strategiesdecalcul/multiplier_comme_data.htm

                                                Emmanuël

                                                wrote:
                                                > Hi Jan:
                                                >
                                                > I use a technique of my friend Ramon Campayo, a mnemonist, in
                                                Ultrarrapid read.
                                                > I am reading the numbers very speed with this method. My head can
                                                to add 6 - 7 digits per second.

                                                > Best wishes.
                                                >
                                                > Alberto
                                                >
                                                > Jan van Koningsveld escribió:
                                                > Hi Alberto,
                                                >
                                                > what technique do you use to solve the additions ? Could you
                                                explain this a little bit ?

                                                > Thank you,
                                                >
                                                > Jan
                                                >

                                                > alberto coto wrote:
                                                > Hi everybody:
                                                >
                                                > In last days I am using in my additions a new techinique for to
                                                read numbers. I am adding a hundred digits in less than 17 seconds.
                                                And a 10-ten digit numbers in less than 4. 20 minutes. In Annaberg
                                                only 5.50 because it went better than one error in 4 minutes, and in
                                                Annaberg I did it very slowly.

                                                > Multiplication is another question, but I think I could do it in
                                                less than 35 seconds (8 x 8).

                                                > Best wishes for all.
                                                >
                                                > Alberto

                                                > Mathematics and computer science Mathematics Mental Computer
                                                programs

                                                Service.

                                                Yahoo! Groups Links