Re: [Men's Issues Online] Re: Article - War on Men

  • Dean G
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 158 KB

    On 11/29/2012 11:05 AM, copperdragonite wrote:

    I posted a link to this article, plus a few of the negative responses, on FB page Mens Rights News (https://www.facebook.com/#!/MensRightsNews)

    Michael

    --- In MensIssuesOnline@yahoogroups.com, Tom Brechlin <brechlintom@...> wrote:

> [...]
    > Women aren’t women anymore.
    > To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven’t changed much â€" they had no revolution that demanded it â€" but women have changed dramatically.
    > In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly. That’s because they’ve been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.
    > Now the men have nowhere to go.
    > It is precisely this dynamic â€" women good/men bad â€" that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.
    > But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is â€" hold on to your seats â€" women’s fault?
    > You’ll never hear that in the media. All the articles and books (and television programs, for that matter) put women front and center, while men and children sit in the back seat. But after decades of browbeating the American male, men are tired. Tired of being told there’s something fundamentally wrong with them. Tired of being told that if women aren’t happy, it’s men’s fault.
    > Contrary to what feminists like Hanna Rosin, author of The End of Men, say, the so-called rise of women has not threatened men. It has pissed them off. It has also undermined their ability to become self-sufficient in the hopes of someday supporting a family. Men want to love women, not compete with them. They want to provide for and protect their families â€" it’s in their DNA. But modern women won’t let them.
    > It’s all so unfortunate â€" for women, not men. Feminism serves men very well: they can have sex at hello and even live with their girlfriends with no responsibilities whatsoever.
    > It’s the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they’re forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men’s linear career goals â€" they need men to pick up the slack at the office â€" in order to live the balanced life they seek.
    > So if men today are slackers, and if they’re retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they’ve played to bring about this transformation.
    > Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature â€" their femininity â€" and let men surrender to theirs.
    > If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

  • d b
    Message 2 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
      JUST THINK IF IT WASN'T FOR OUR SPERM WE COULD SAY THERE IS AN APPEARANCE SHE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SAY BLA BLA BLA S_ _ _.......

      STAND AND BE COUNTED SPEAK UP .....

      --- In mailto:MensIssuesOnline%40yahoogroups.com, Tom Brechlin mailto:brechlintom@... wrote:

> [...]
      > It’s the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they’re forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men’s linear career goals â€" they need men to pick up the slack at the office â€" in order to live the balanced life they seek.
      > So if men today are slackers, and if they’re retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they’ve played to bring about this transformation.
      > Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature â€" their femininity â€" and let men surrender to theirs.
      > If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

    • Ken
      Message 3 of 12 , Nov 29, 2012
        Dean, sorry about answering this so late but I am still recovering from surgery that makes it difficult to sit for too long.

        Dean, 14 years ago, I was on the exact opposite side of things. Some would have said that I was a radical feminist. One day, I came across a we site in which a very precious handicapped woman in the UK was "incessantly pointing out 'problems' It opened my eyes and several months later, Shattered Men was created. In the 13 plus years of SM, we have helped save over 3 dozen people from suicide, some who were within seconds of doing it. Many others who had accepted the lie that only women are abused and only men are abusers are now very strong supporters for abused men. One woman who was an a victim of a real forcible rape is one of them and she strongly supported a couple of men who were falsely accused of rape.

        I contend that a huge part of the problem is that in my view, 90% of the people do NOT know what is in the Violence Against Women Act. Most of those who passed this into law several times do not have a clue as to what is in it.

        Because of the very powerful and very successful feminist propaganda machine, most people in the free world think men have it made in the shade. This enables them to get more and more laws passed that give more rights to women while removing the very few rights men have along with most of a man's money which is then given to a woman. It enables many women to knowingly and without any fear of consequences to themselves, accuse men of rapes they know they did not do and as a result, I contend thousands (yes thousands of men) are in prison for crimes they did NOT do and most of all, a crime that never happened.

        Dean, our "incessantly pointing out 'problems' have helped hundreds if not thousands of men and women, women who are now helping more men.

        http://www.shatterdmen.com/Activist.htm which in part says:

        Suppose we have a very busy intersection that has four lane highways meeting from two directions but it does not have any traffic control devices in either direction. Needless to say, there would be a large number of accidents and many people would be hurt or even
        killed. Although most of those in that city could care less about that problem saying "it does not effect me, I do not go that way" others who do would be concerned. Some may even set up an emergency clinic nearby to tend to the wounded. This would be a support
        group. Others may say...hey it is not enough to tend to the wounded...we need to stop making them wounded and we need to get some traffic control here. These would be activist.

        Which do you think would be better? Umm...just a moment...one of those groups that have an emergency clinic is crying foul....they do not want traffic controls. You see this clinic charges for each one they tend to but the other emergency clinic across the street would love to see traffic control because they tend to those that the other clinic refuses because they do not fit their profile to help....they are poor and can not afford to pay so they have to go to the free clinic if they can find it. You see, although the one they were just rejected from has huge signs saying EMERGENCY CARE, most can not see the fine print at the bottom..."for select groups" while the free clinic can not even afford to have a sign in the window of its beat up run down store front. Most do not even know it is there. Yet even given the fact that most do not know we are here...we have almost 1,000 people here. Through the six years this clinic has been here, we have had many pass through...even though we do not have the big fancy signs and the ads that the other clinic across the street has.

        Now my friend...is it enough to just be a support group?

        I very strongly contend that NO it is not. We must be activist too...we need to stop people from being wounded to begin with but instead of stop signs or traffic lights, we need to change the laws that enable some to be abusers while these same laws often punish
        those who have been wounded. We need to change the Violence Against Women Act and we need to STOP the International Violence Against Women Act.

        The only way we can do this is to expose this dangerous intersection. We need to show that just tending to the select wounded is not helping. This is why we allow the "activist" post such as the above that reveal the bias in our justice system that lets select groups of people literal get away with murder...and I do mean that literally as I feel that the teacher in the link at the top of this message is as guilty of murder as is her husband.

        IS YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND?
        http://www.shatterdmen.com/Head%20in%20Sand.htm

        "If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." --- Winston Churchill

        Dean, would you go to a hospital that only employed doctors? On nurses? Just as hospitals need a large variety of staff, WE need a variety of those working for a common goal too. Just as the hospital staff will work together to accomplish their goals, WE need to work together too.

        To conclude Dean, I will go on "incessantly pointing out 'problems" because it works and besides, we do a LOT more behind the scenes in Shattered Men but we are not going to brag about it because there is far too much more we need to do.

        ken