Re: [Mendobirds] Mendocino County Top Ten

  • John Sterling
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 15 5:35 PM
      Thanks Steve for pointing that out.....I have a vague recollection of a Gray
      Flycatcher record for Mendocino several years ago but I cannot recall any
      details nor do I have any emails prior to1998 not saved on my computer. If
      anyone out there knows of a record, please let us know.

      John

      John Sterling
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

      26 Palm Ave
      Woodland, CA 95695

      530-668-1985 (home)
      530-668-8694 (home office)
      916-752-0899 (Cell)
      916-737-3000 (Sacramento Office)

      ani@...
      JSterling@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 17 5:06 PM
        Black skimmers have finally arrived on the north coast. Matt Wachs found two
        birds (a pair of adults, one male and one female based on size) both banded,
        at the mouth of the Elk River in Humboldt County. The birds were associating
        with the tern and gull flock at the mouth of the river. To reach them, take
        Hilfiker Road west towards the bay off of Highway 101 in south Eureka. Look
        across the river to the north of the old pipeline at the end of the spit.

        Obviously we were wondering where the birds had come from. Does anyone know
        offhand who is banding skimmers in California?

        Thanks in advance for any info, and apologies for the cross-posting.

        Ron LeValley, Senior Biologist
        ron@...
        707/839-0900
        Fax 839-0867