Re: [Mendobirds] Next 10 MEN birds

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2004
      Mendobirders,
      If others would like to get in on this game of predicting the next
      ten species to be added to the Mendocino list, there is a table in the
      database section of Mendobirds which should now be acessible to all
      Mendobirds members who also have a yahoo identity. Just log on yahoogroups,
      and go to

      Click on "Edit Table" to add a column with your name, and click "Save
      Table". Next click "Edit" at the right of each row and then "Save Record"
      when you've made your entry. There is no order to the rows, and they can
      only be sorted alphabetically
      We are not including forms which have already been seen in the
      county but might be elevated to species status by pending splits, e.g. four
      Fox Sparrows. We are not including forms which have already been reported
      but are pending before the CBRC. The county list can be seen at
      http://www.pacificsites.com/~chaniot/peregrine/birdlist.html
      I ask Bob or Chuck to look at this list and tell me what needs to be added.

      If this does not work for you, send your list to Chuck Vaughn or
      post it onlist, and Chuck will add them to the table.
      I note that there is a lot of agreement among the first four
      entrants with total agreement on five species; we probably would have more
      variety of response on the Second 10 species. Maybe in four years (?) or so
      we can gather at the local Wing Bar and toast the winner(s).