Baird's Sandpiper

  • chaniot@pacific.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 12, 2004
      Thu, 12 Aug 2004 -- Today Dorothy Tobkin reports two BAIRD'S SANDPIPERS at
      V i r g i n Creek Beach.
    • chaniot@pacific.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 26, 2004
        Thu, 26 Aug 2004 -- At Lake Mendocino this morning there was a BAIRD'S
        SANDPIPER on the bar appearing near Coyote Dam south of the marina.

        George Chaniot
        Potter Valley, MEN, CA
      • Steve
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 27, 2013
          Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:00 am

          The Baird's Sandpiper that showed up yesterday afternoon at the Ukiah Wastewater Treatment Plant has returned today. Many of the peeps are pulling out because the N. pond is drying up. Although the Middle pond is receding too and showing some land in the middle. Of note there is also a Pectoral Sandpiper and 22 Egrets, Snowy and Great. Steve Stump
        • stevestump
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 20, 2014

            8/20/14 0700

            There is for sure 1 most likely 2 Baird's Sandpiper at the Ukiah WWTP, located around the North Pond. Steve Stump

          • featherbirdlady3
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 9, 2016
              Virgin Creek Beach - north side - what appeared to be a juvenile Baird's
              Sandpiper was feeding with Western and Least Sandpipers this morning.... I
              got several photos. If you would like to see, please PM me as I have again
              forgotten my password for Yahoo!

              Feather :)
            • Gary Lester
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 9, 2016
                While in town on business today, I followed up on Feather's report, I walked from the motel up to Virgin Creek Beach around 5:45 to 7:00pm. I was fortunate enough to locate 4 juvenile Baird's Sandpipers loosely with Least Sandpipers about 200-300 meters north of the creek mouth.

                Gary Lester
                Humboldt County
                McKinleyville, CA
              • featherbirdlady3
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 10, 2016
                  I missed out on four?!

                  I had two this morning at Virgin Creek Beach and was surprised to see a
                  second one, but *four*! Nicely spotted!

                  Feather