USTP Wilson's Phalarope

  • Chuck & Barbara Vaughn
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 25, 2004
      Greetings Mendobirders: This morning at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant I
      found an imm. Wilson's Phalarope on the north pond (lake!). There was also
      an imm. Black-crowned Night-Heron in the willows along the river. Chats,
      Yellow Warblers, and Swainson's Thrushes are still singing along the river.

      Chuck

    • choatzin
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 29, 2009
        29 April 2009 Wednesday

        Rich Hubacek found a WILSON'S PHALAROPE on the north pond at the Ukiah Sewage Treatment Plant late this morning. The bird is between distinctive plumages. When we snuck up to get a better look it flew across the pond, revealing a Wilson's white rump and unmarked wings.

        Cheryl Watson
        Ukiah