Mendocino Area Guide

  • jimmnn2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hello Mendo Birders,
      I am a birder from Santa Fe, NM and will be in Mendocino for a
      week Aug 23 to thru the 28th. I have read the "Birders Guide to N CA"
      and have decided that to see birds in such a large and diverse area I
      need a guide. Can anyone recommend a Birding Guide for the area?
      Reply to my private email address.
      Also, what has happened to "A Guide to Finding Birds in Mendocino
      County, by Kris Carter"? I can not find it on any book site!

      Jim Nelson-Moore
      Santa Fe, New Mexico
    • Feather Forestwalker
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2004
        Howdy,

        You can check the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens website:
        http://www.gardenbythesea.org, as they have an Audubon in the Gardens
        bookstore there. Check out the list published by them here:
        http://www.mcn.org/j/audubon/mcas_bird.html

        Also, and I am not sure if it's still in existence, Papa Birds,
        http://www.papabirds.com/index.html at 131 E. Laurel Street in Fort Bragg,
        might carry that book.

        Cheshire Books, on the corner of Laurel and Franklin, often carries that
        book, as I've seen it there more than once.

        Check out, finally, 101 things to do on the Mendocino coast, for fun:
        http://www.coasthome.com/101_thing_to_do.htm

        Hope you enjoy your stay here!

        God bless,

        Feather

        > I am a birder from Santa Fe, NM and will be in Mendocino for a
        > week Aug 23 to thru the 28th. I have read the "Birders Guide to N CA"
        > and have decided that to see birds in such a large and diverse area I
        > need a guide. Can anyone recommend a Birding Guide for the area?
        > Reply to my private email address.
        > Also, what has happened to "A Guide to Finding Birds in Mendocino
        > County, by Kris Carter"? I can not find it on any book site!
        >
        > Jim Nelson-Moore
        > Santa Fe, New Mexico

        these addresses:

        > Yahoo! Groups Links