Pelagic Birding

  • Debi Shearwater
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2004
      Hello, Mendo and Northern California Seabirders,
      Shearwater Journeys has a number of interesting pelagic trips offered this
      year. New on our schedule is a trip from Fort Bragg on Sunday, June 27th.
      This could produce some very interesting species of seabirds, not the least
      of which could be Cook's or Murphy's Petrel, or an interesting albatross! We
      continue with our successful fall trips on August 17, 20, and 21; September
      19 and 28; October 13. The list of rare, or unusual seabirds found on these
      trips continues year after year. Past "goodies" have included: Yellow-billed
      Loon, White-capped Albatross, Dark-rumped Petrel (twice), Murphy's Petrel,
      Streaked Shearwater, Markham's Storm-Petrel, and last year, Brown Booby.
      What will we discover this year??

      Leaders this year, as always will include most of the top seabirders in the
      country, if not the world: Peter Pyle, Steve Howell, Jon Dunn, Tristan
      McKee, John Sterling, Alan Hopkins, Scott Terrill, Linda Terrill, Jennifer
      Green, Luke Cole, John Luther, Sophie Webb, and many others. All trips are
      non-smoking. Most trips run from about 7 am (meet at Noyo Harbor at 6:30
      am.), until 4-6 pm. For the most part, they are hardcore seabird trips.

      We invite you to take advantage of our discount program for local birders
      (including those on the north coast). Many locals are repeat customers, and
      are well deserving of a discount. Please note that all discounted trips are
      NON-REFUNDABLE for any reason. There are a limited number of discounted
      seats available on each trip. Hey, its just like the airlines. Please
      reserve in advance by sending a check to the address below.

      Discounts available are: June 27‹$100, August 17‹$100, August 20‹$110,
      August 21‹$140, September 19‹$130, September 28‹$100, October 13‹$100.
      Spaces on the June 27th trip are limited. Please note that I, personally,
      will not be on the August 17, 20, or 21 trips as I will be a vendor at the
      British Bird Fair. You will be in good hands with Peter Pyle running the
      show, though! Also, I will be leaving on July 7th for Russia/Alaska/Bering
      Sea. So, the office will be closed until July 26th.

      Let's go find some seabirds!
      Debi
      ---
      http://www.shearwaterjourneys.com